2015 Suburban - Remove Cargo Management Cover/System

Hello,

I'd like to remove the entire rear cargo management system/cover/tray in my new 2015 Suburban, so that I can have more room for luggage, bikes, etc., and more cargo space in general. The system/cover/tray just does not provide a whole lot of value for me, in terms of storage, etc.

Has anyone attempted to remove this? If so, any trips or tricks? I was able to gently lift part of the tray up, and noticed that there is actually carpet under the system (seemed promising). I also want to be able to reinstall it when I sell my Suburban in 5 years.

Thanks!

Simply lift up the rubber liners and unscrew the two lid looking plugs. No tools needed, can be done by hand, looks designed for easy removal. And lift it out. You will end up with an uncovered ugly step up from the 3rd seat base. I have not tried to remove the 3rd seat, but from what i gather from the cadillac escalade forum it is not hard to unbolt (just heavy). The carpet under the 3rd seat has cut outs in it though. And you will end up with an electrical connector plug on the cargo floor from the automatic seat folding feature. The cadillac forum has a picture of what it looks like with the 3rd seat removed.

• 7 months later...

This sounded like an easy removal but for the life of me can not find the rubber liners you're referring to. We had some bags of planting dirt leak under the rear organizer and need to remove it to make sure water isn't sitting under it. Is there a video of the removal? (2015 Suburban)

thanks

Gary

• 1 year later...

Simply lift up the rubber liners and unscrew the two lid looking plugs. No tools needed, can be done by hand, looks designed for easy removal. And lift it out. You will end up with an uncovered ugly step up from the 3rd seat base. I have not tried to remove the 3rd seat, but from what i gather from the cadillac escalade forum it is not hard to unbolt (just heavy). The carpet under the 3rd seat has cut outs in it though. And you will end up with an electrical connector plug on the cargo floor from the automatic seat folding feature. The cadillac forum has a picture of what it looks like with the 3rd seat removed.

Nice to know, thanks.

Archived