1st & 2nd gear Slam/Shifting in heat of summer

Since I bought my truck (1999 Sierra 1500) she had had a problem in the heat of summer (only). In the winter she hauls my snowmobiles perfectly with no problems at all. However, when the weather temp rises in the summer (above 75) degrees she truck will shift from first to second with a slamming jerk; from third on she is fine. I have read in other forums there is a way to adjust this but, where and how to do the adjustment is where I need guidance. All ideas and guides are welcome to help me out. The dealer wants way too much and I am disabled so that is completely out of my realm of budget. Please help me.

Since I bought my truck (1999 Sierra 1500) she had had a problem in the heat of summer (only) When the weather temp rises my truck will not shift from first to second or second to third without a slamming sound jerking the entire truck; from third on she is fine. I have read in other forums there is a way to adjust the adapts but, where that is and how to do the adjustment is where I need guidance. All ideas and guides are welcome to help me out. The dealer wants way too much and I am disabled so that is completely out of my realm. Anyone offering to buy me a new truck I welcome with open arms!!!

You have been given wrong advise ,

Shift adapts are rest ONLY after a rebuild ,

You need to either sell that truck orrrrr sell that truck !!!!

You read me ?

You cannot afford to have an old truck ,

I suggest you look into leasing a veh , NOT a truck

Your best bet is to dump that thing because as of right now, it's going to be nothing but a money pit. The dealership wanting crazy money for any repair is not surprising, that's their business.

I was going to suggest buying a newer pickup BUT it seems you are not allowed to do so after reading the above post?

If you can get into a 2010-2013 truck for a decent price, that would be great. There are plenty out there to be had.

If that's totally out of the question, look for a good transmission shop in your area. Explain what's going on and let them know your financial situation. Most places are more than willing to work out payment plans if you are on a fixed income as you suggest....Hope you get it worked out!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Your best bet is to dump that thing because as of right now, it's going to be nothing but a money pit. The dealership wanting crazy money for any repair is not surprising, that's their business.

I was going to suggest buying a newer pickup BUT it seems you are not allowed to do so after reading the above post?

If you can get into a 2010-2013 truck for a decent price, that would be great. There are plenty out there to be had.

If that's totally out of the question, look for a good transmission shop in your area. Explain what's going on and let them know your financial situation. Most places are more than willing to work out payment plans if you are on a fixed income as you suggest....Hope you get it worked out!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

I was only suggesting trouble free driving Dustin

I appreciate your input I simply cannot afford to just go out and buy another truck. Having a 4x4 is better in the snow and hauling snowmobiles behind a car is just dingy. I would go and trade it in but, payments; not a chance.

Actuator is good replaced it last year in hopes of a fix. Flushed the tranny & ride my bike in the summer so I really do not use it unless I need to haul, get wood or need snow in my face. I am researching, I know there is a fix and if I happen upon it I will do it, just hoping it's not a tranny switch. I am not big enough to do that one by my lil ole self.

Elle

Archived