Phone charger draining battery

Your 12v should always be an hot receptacle. So you can charge something when truck off. If you leave your charge cable plugged in, and it has a light on it, then it could drain your battery, after awhile. Prob a week

Your 110v outlet needs a power inverter, which your trucks needs to be running for. And your usb's are only powered when your radio is powered.

You can also move the fuse in your fuse box so that the outlet (cigarette lighter outlet under the dash) only receives power when the truck is on and it will turn off with the truck like the radio does after you shut the engine off and open the driver door. I forget the fuse number but it's in the driver side fuse box. I changed it in mine for this very reason....I didn't want the green light on my phone charger draining the battery. Somewhere in the manual it mentions this as well.

The center console 12v is switched.. I have my camera plugged into it and it turns off when I shut the truck down and open the drivers door..

I think it depends on if you have an LT or an LTZ. I have front bench seats in my LT and the 12v plug below the dash is not switched from the factory. I'm not sure about the LTZ's though with the center console. I should have clarified that.

I have the LT and my console 12V turns off with the ignition switch. The dash 12V is hot all the time.

Yeah exactly I'm talking about the dash 12v. I forgot there was one in the armrest console haha

You can also move the fuse in your fuse box so that the outlet (cigarette lighter outlet under the dash) only receives power when the truck is on and it will turn off with the truck like the radio does after you shut the engine off and open the driver door. I forget the fuse number but it's in the driver side fuse box. I changed it in mine for this very reason....I didn't want the green light on my phone charger draining the battery. Somewhere in the manual it mentions this as well.

I would love more info on this. I can't find anything in the manual. I would love my outlets to switch off with the key. I have an SLT with the console. If this is something a guy can customize I would be a happy camper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The center console 12v is switched.. I have my camera plugged into it and it turns off when I shut the truck down and open the drivers door..

I think it depends on if you have an LT or an LTZ. I have front bench seats in my LT and the 12v plug below the dash is not switched from the factory. I'm not sure about the LTZ's though with the center console. I should have clarified that.

I have the LT and my console 12V turns off with the ignition switch. The dash 12V is hot all the time.

Yeah exactly I'm talking about the dash 12v. I forgot there was one in the armrest console haha

I would love more info on this. I can't find anything in the manual. I would love my outlets to switch off with the key. I have an SLT with the console. If this is something a guy can customize I would be a happy camper.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171571-its-the-little-things/?p=1615078

This is from a thread I started and I was able to use the info in this post to change the behavior of my in-dash accessory outlet to be ignition-controlled for power.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/171571-its-the-little-things/?p=1615078

This is from a thread I started and I was able to use the info in this post to change the behavior of my in-dash accessory outlet to be ignition-controlled for power.

Put yourself down for a raise my friend. I just made the switch and it works like a charm. Awesome to be able to choose how this operates.

Archived