New 2015 Silverado Smartphone Mirroring Guide

So if I am interpreting the video correctly, all of the interaction still needs to take place on the phone itself. You cannot interface with the Intellilink touchscreen and have it control the phone?

If the touchscreen sends commands to the phone, I see this as being an even BETTER option than Car Play / Android Auto.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if I am interpreting the video correctly, all of the interaction still needs to take place on the phone itself. You cannot interface with the Intellilink touchscreen and have it control the phone?

If the touchscreen sends commands to the phone, I see this as being an even BETTER option than Car Play / Android Auto.

As I understand it only the display is mirrored, there is not a two way integration of the touch screen back to the phone since you are using an HDMI out connection.

All inputs are done via the phone touchscreen.

Nice video mate, didn't realise how much easer the full center console trucks are to instal to.

btw- appears I purchased my system a few months to early. Your demo shows a new simpler interface, switching the AV with just a long depress of the home button is brilliant.

If you want to trade up...we can do so with no problem. Problem is still with supply...they are nice, but they can't keep up with the demand. Give me a ring if you'd like to switch up...wouldn't be much labor involved.

As I understand it only the display is mirrored, there is not a two way integration of the touch screen back to the phone since you are using an HDMI out connection.

All inputs are done via the phone touchscreen.

Ballpark $$?

Prices are on the website. http://gm-navigation.com/

One Question for MVI - what makes this option different than the video input upgrade, as in the utube video it mentions iPhone display, but the prices are quite a bit different on the two?

So...correct. Interaction is with the phone, no way to control the phone from the factory touchscreen. Actually are working on a way to do it reliably...product reliability is key. Also on the Apple side of things...they just plain restrict things. We are working on some pretty cool things though which I think will generate some good buzz :D

I don't like putting pricing out here, for several good reasons...so please just text me. I do offer discounts for forum members.

Pricing on the site is obviously retail and we do offer just an A/V input module without the HDMI input with smartphone cable. That's where you are seeing the price difference. Our smartphone kit ships with genuine apple cable and I don't get a penny discount from Apple...simply offered for convenience.

Man, cool stuff here. You must love your job. I would!

The two-way interface would be a game changer for sure. That would be even better than Carplay, as you would get your whole phone interface, not just the limited "car safe" apps in Carplay.

If you want to trade up...we can do so with no problem. Problem is still with supply...they are nice, but they can't keep up with the demand. Give me a ring if you'd like to switch up...wouldn't be much labor involved.

Thanks for the offer mate, it is second nature to me now switching sources but the seed is planted..lol..and may do that after I finish another project with Morimoto DRL HALOs and HID Projectors.

Note to others: As said, it is (TV) screen mirroring. As far as MyLink screen direct interaction with a mirroring device, it's being addressed by GM and the mobile device manufactures but (at least with android) the safety legal side is focused on voice commands trying to move away from the distraction of direct interactions with screens. Most devices can interact using Bluetooth voice commands while mirroring now and is very complex. Once you learn the capabilities of your respective device, as each are different with so many systems, branded APIs.....so mostly just basic commands. This is also limited by the host (GM) hardware as changes always affect interactions. My 2015.5 truck hardware has changed from the pre 2015.5 and and so on the 2016.

• 5 weeks later...

Here's a cool new update for the Android users.

https://youtu.be/Kn3oAwqem1s

wireless is only for Android so far...Apple technology is still buggy, but we are working on it. Sorry the video isn't the greatest...we will have an updated one soon, but wanted to give a preview of what we are working on.

Call/Text with any questions

• 2 weeks later...

I have been reading between 2 threads and got a little confused so i will just ask... I really want to MIRROR my iphone and realize this does that, will i also be able to have all in motion features that are limiting me right now removed? Is this now something you will send me that is PLUG and Play or will I have to send you what ever gadget yo need to rewrite? I have a brand new 2015 GMC SLT Sierra and would like to be able and remove this if needed. Say like if i need to take in in for service or something. If you want you can email me at [email protected] I am sure this isnt cheap so a price would be nice also. Very interested and this is the ticket for my kiddos

I have been reading between 2 threads and got a little confused so i will just ask... I really want to MIRROR my iphone and realize this does that, will i also be able to have all in motion features that are limiting me right now removed? Is this now something you will send me that is PLUG and Play or will I have to send you what ever gadget yo need to rewrite? I have a brand new 2015 GMC SLT Sierra and would like to be able and remove this if needed. Say like if i need to take in in for service or something. If you want you can email me at XXXXX@yahoo.com I am sure this isnt cheap so a price would be nice also. Very interested and this is the ticket for my kiddos

The Mirroring interface adds the required video in motion function, so you can use all your particular devices apps while moving like G-NAV or whatever. It will support all your device's capabilities while moving or not.

It is basically a plug-n-play interface depending what additional options you want to add and how clean of an instal you require.

There are No Mods or Hacks, so no need to remove anything for GM service. On my truck install, they didn't know it was installed even knowing I had. Read the first post guide to help further with questions.

Pricing of just the interface is usually about the same, but additional AV inputs to the MyLink (if required) is additional as well any other options you may want, contact MVI for a quote.

• 4 months later...

FYI, update on battery draining.

My truck had a high level 750Ma+ current draw leading to draining the battery in about a 4 or so days just sitting, low enough sometimes to keep it from starting. I had no warning messages with the only changes to the system was adding the smartphone mirroring so I discontented all the interface thinking it might be the problem but it still persisted.

A week later I took the truck in for it's first scheduled service leaving the smartphone interface connected, and ask them to check the battery or charging system for issues. They found a problem with the instrument cluster continually pulling power, and the GM dealer found a software update for the cluster just to address this behavior and performed the update while it was there.

It's been about a month since and the power system is still working as it should with no battery draining :thumbs:

Archived