6.2 V8 - 2014-2015???

I just ran my first tank if shit grade, my truck has 45000 on it (2014 Silverado 6.2) seems to work fine, not as much throttle response but other than that its ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ran my first tank if shit grade, my truck has 45000 on it (2014 Silverado 6.2) seems to work fine, not as much throttle response but other than that its ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm up in northern Alberta,Canada.

Around 10000 km on truck running regular all the time.

I've pulled 7000 pound trailer 3 times with no problems ( plenty of power to spare)

Daily driving I average 14 L/100 km with 800 lbs of tools in back.

When I empty tools out it does 10.6 L/100 km.

Was going to try premium a month ago, but there is a shortage up here and you can't even buy premium and as today they still don't sell premium.

In Peace River I noticed that at the Shell station, lack of 91 (as of last night they did take the signs down though). I try to fill up at Shell as often as I can, seems like mine likes it more for mileage and power.

I have about 7,500 miles on mine and have only run 87 on it. The salesman said I could run either regular or premium safely. It was my impression that 87 octane is fine unless I was really pushing my truck.

I want to give premium a try and see if I can tell a difference. I assume I'll need to run 2 or 3 tanks of premium to get a good evaluation.

I want to give premium a try and see if I can tell a difference. I assume I'll need to run 2 or 3 tanks of premium to get a good evaluation.

Just wait till the low fuel indicator comes on, you'll have 2 gallons left or whatever, if you fill up with 20+ gallons of 93 you'll be fine. 91 is what the truck is looking for.

1 gallon of 87 + 3 gallons of 93 will make 91.5 octane

Archived