Painted or Plasti-dipped 18" stock Sierra Z71 rims

I have done a bit of searching with no luck. I am looking to see if anyone has painted or plastidipped their 18" rims that come not the z71 Sierras. I am looking to put a gloss black coat on mine but would like to see what it would look like before spending the money and time. Hopefully there isn't a post on this already. if so please link it.

several plastidipping threads, I dipped my rims but they arent the ones you are looking at. Try dipping them. It'll cost you around 2-3 hours and $20-25. If you don't like it, peel it off and go back to the drawing board. Thats the beauty of plastidip

Awesome. I just couldn't find one with the rims. Would you happen to have a picture with them on yet? I've seen plenty of Plasti-dip threads and have used it on rims before but have seen one with same rims, wasn't sure if it would look good or if it would just blend the spokes in the rim together.

Plastidip just released a "topcoat" which is a high gloss final coating. Its pricey and not easy for a beginner to use. It only comes in quarts and gallons and you will need a prevail sprayer to apply it (if you dont have a spray gun). But if you are set on having a higher gloss its the way to go and still way cheaper than painting, plus its removable when you get tired of it. If applied correctly it looks good but its not easy to apply correctly, ive worked with it some. This pic doesnt really do it justice.

post-138017-0-92998300-1438350041_thumb.png

Thanks for that. I'll look into it. I don't have a sprayer or have any experience with them but may have a couple friends that could do it.

I really want the gloss finish. Not a big fan of matte finish much anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll let you know. I'm thinking I may just do the regular black plastidip with the glossifier. I kinda like how Asells looks and with all the black on my summit white truck being more of a matte finish it would probably look just fine without being high gloss. What do you guys think?

I'll let you know. I'm thinking I may just do the regular black plastidip with the glossifier. I kinda like how Asells looks and with all the black on my summit white truck being more of a matte finish it would probably look just fine without being high gloss. What do you guys think?

i think it would look great. I was surprised how well my turned out. And if you dont like it peel it off.

Archived