2015 suburban LT vibrates over 70

Mbb62

Question

5 answers to this question

Generally tire balance issues show up at speeds around the 70mph mark. Do you feel the vibration in the seat? A 2015 should still be under warranty, take it in and have them diagnose and repair it for you.

Government mandated "speed limiters"? Go over 70, and you become so annoyed, you slow down until the vibration stops. :uhoh:

I'm amazed at the issues with brand new EVERYTHING today. WTF? Has every manufacturer on the planet fired quality control? Or, have millenials finally found their way into the CEO's office full time? :noway:

I don't get it ....

I don't think there is any real issue with quality on today's vehicles. What you are experiencing is the huge difference that social network provides. It has always been that happy people don't complain, unhappy ones do, but the days of someone parking their "defective" vehicle on the side of the road in front of the dealership has pretty much ended. People post online simply because there will always be someone that agrees 100% with them, and they end up winding that customer up.

I know I have said this before, but, when I was working as a mechanic in the local Plymouth/Chrysler dealership, it did not take very long to decide that I would never buy a new Dodge product, I never saw a good one in the shop. Everyone that came in had issues. With the internet the way it is, that same experience is seen by a high percentage of visitors to that forum/blog/bitch-site.

I am sure you already know the story behind "speed limiters". They are not government mandated in the traditional sense. The reason they have them is simply due to the speed rating on the tires. With US being a very litigious country, car companies put the "speed limiters" to remove their liability. Had they not done this, when someone goes out and drives at 130mph on their non-speed rated tires and the tires fails due to overheating from the over-flexing of the tire, any deaths or dismemberment that occurs due to the tire failing will generate a civil lawsuit against the manufacturer simply because they knew full well that the car could drive at the speed for hours on end, and that the non-speed rated tires would not last long enough to empty the fuel tank. Tire ends up delaminating at 130mph, and the crash begins.

While working at a Firestone store followed by the Bridgestone/Firestone store as a mechanic I asked both Firestone and Bridgestone tire engineers(not talking about the ones that install your snow tires) how long can a S rated tire be driven at 130mph. Neither could tell me beyond saying "an extended length of time" All I wanted to know was what would last the longest, the tires or the fuel in the tank.

I was joking about the vibration speed limiters, but I hear what your saying about the real speed limiters. Not surprised. It's the same reason the owner's manual's first 100 pages are on how gasoline is flammable and poisonous, and how seatbelts "save lives", etc.

Lawyers will be the end of this country .... and coinicidently, nearly every single MA politician was a lawyer first!! Shocker ... :rolleyes:

As a kid, I remember not even giving thought to my tires as I hurled down the highway at 120 mph. Don't remember ever checking my tire pressure - just gave them a kick, and if it felt good, I ran with it. :lol: Simpler times indeed.

Also have the same problem with my 2015 Suburban. They have replaced all 4 shocks, up dated the ride program and replaced both rear tires. Still have the same problem. The next thing I will ask them to do is replace all the tires with Michelin tires. Had a 2001 Taho that had NO problem and had over 130,000 miles on them

Government mandated "speed limiters"? Go over 70, and you become so annoyed, you slow down until the vibration stops. :uhoh:

I'm amazed at the issues with brand new EVERYTHING today. WTF? Has every manufacturer on the planet fired quality control? Or, have millenials finally found their way into the CEO's office full time? :noway:

I don't get it ....

Archived