Hail Repair

Why do you think insurance will not help with hail damage? My truck was 7 months old when we got hit with golf ball size hail, insurance fixed it, cost my dudictable and I went on my way. :jester:

I have about 6 to 8 dents on my hood and another dozen on my tonneau cover. I need to call my insurance tomorrow but I carry a $1K deductible not to mention my premiums will go up if I put in a claim.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

What i have expirenced is insurance says get an estimate from Bodyshop. And they wanna fill a paint over everything. After estimate is submitted insurance adjustors calls says have a man that can work out the dents. If you wanna go with him they'll wave the deductible.

My deductible is only 100 though.

I'm not sure why they would raise your premium on something like this. It's an act of nature. Not much you could of done. Insurance wants the vehicle fixed.

I was in St.Louis in April visiting my bil. Got hit with a hail storm the morning I was leaving. Total devastation to my hood, roof and passenger side of my truck. I get home, call the insurance (Jake, with State Farm) take it in for an estimate. Drop truck off two weeks later, when the body shops paintless dent repair guy was back, they had it looking brand new in a week. They replaced the hood and did the pdr on all other panels. Looks good as new. I have a $500 deductible, but my rates have not gone up. It's an act of God..

Rates won't go up on a comprehensive claim. I was watching Motorhead Garage the other day and they were showing a new small dent repair machine that used heat and maganetics. Took less than a minute per dent. Even worked on aluminum. I looked up the cost of the machine and it was $3200. I would bet most repair shops will be using them soon.

Update?

I talked to my insurance and I have an appointment to get a quote next week. I'll keep you posted. Buddy of mine was hit with the same storm and his estimate came back at $3100 for PDR.

I was watching how they do it on YouTube... that shits an art. Haven't seen that new machine - 3200 bucks ain't bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived