2015 Text Alert Volume

So I'm new to the forums and have been learning a lot about my 2015 Silverado 1500 the last few days. So thanks for that. One question I have and have not been able to find an answer to, concerns the text alert that comes through the system with my iPhone. I am getting most of them but have noticed a few times I missed a text coming through. So I started paying attention closely and having people text me on purpose to know and see exactly when it comes through. It seems to slightly turn down volume on radio and make a very low dinging sound, but does not last long. Is there a way to make the alert sound last longer or at least be louder? If you don't happen to catch the quick chirp and don't notice the message on the DIC or 8" MyLink system then you miss the text. This is not the end of the world, missing a text that is, but would be nice if there was a way to make alert louder. Thanks for any input.

I will try that. I actually tried last night with radio volume all the way up and I got nothing when text came through except messages on the two screens. No alert tone or anything. When a phone call comes through I have no problem hearing phone ring and answering through the system. But text I'm getting basically nothing. I believe the chime I sometimes hear is the truck alert because it sounds nothing like my text alert tone, I've never heard that sound come through the speakers.

Archived