2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT Hesitating and Shaking At Stoplight

At about 5,000 miles, our 2015 GMC Yukon XL SLT started to shudder and hesitate when stopped at a stoplight. We are now at 17,000 miles and the problem has gotten worse. Feels like the vehicle is about to stall. We are using the correct fuel type. Each visit to GMC dealer says that they have not received a repair bulletin from GM although they are asking for one. I am not the only one with this issue, but GM refuses to address the problem and come up with a fix. Last time they did something to the engine mounts (an existing repair bulletin) but it did not fix the issue at all. If you are having this same issue please join a forum and report the problem. Please also report the problem to your dealer. We are very unhappy that a new vehicle has this issue. Maybe the transmission needs to be replaced? The shuddering happens less if we put the vehicle in park at a stoplight, but it still happens. How long could this vehicle possibly last if within 5,000 miles there is this issue. Now at 17,000 miles the shuddering is getting even worse. But still no fix from GM. I thought we were "Professional Grade". Any comments or suggestions appreciated, but whatever GM has already put out there is not helping anything. I can't believe we spent that kind of money and have this issue.

Don't need a Service Bulletin for what you have going on, sounds like you are having problems with your idle, especially when not under load. Call the Service Department and tell them to conduct an Emissions Diagnostics to see if something faulty will show up. Could be something else but I would suggest they look there since you say it feels like the truck is about to stall.

We have a 2015 Suburban with a Trans problem also. It doesn't know what gear to shift to when you accelerate and when you are slowing down and making a turn. GM has the sam answer. With in specs. and no up date. I told them " when I get into an accident I will own GM." Good Luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived