Banks Power Ram Air Kit

So I pulled the trigger on the Banks Power Cold Air kit. It's on sale thru the end of Business Day with them, paid $365 for it. Normally over $420..

Hoping to pickup the 39 horses and 69 lb ft of torque. Just looking for a little more. I want to do an exhaust, but I want to get more "sound" out of one.

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/?option_id=387%7C93%7CDiesel%20Trucks%2C%20%0A11-15%20Chevy/GMC%20-%206.6L%20Duramax%20LML%7C3

Yes, I called them and ordered directly from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice bolt on. Interested to see if it also picks up fuel mileage. :gmc:

I'll let you know what I find out...

Out with the old

1541343c4c2959932048c4de970d447f.jpg

In with the Banks

2d98d6c297e70469253332ca7c2ba424.jpg

More feedback to follow

I would have to agree that it removed the Dead Pedal and throttle response is smooth. When accelerating onto the highway, before it used to feel like it was chugging along to get to speed, now it climbs easily and feels like it wants to keep going past the 95 mph governor.

Installing this also gave me a reason to wipe down the engine bay area and spruce it up.

Now if I can figure out a way to keep it emissions legal, and whistle like my old 7.3, I would be in heaven !!

Amiodynski

Looks good, I'm interest to see what if any MPG impact it has.

Mike

Mike,

My BIGGEST improvement was the Banks Tuner. I run the 3rd tune from them, and it really helps !! I can honestly say I am stoked with the Banks stuff. I know people out there don't think Banks is "worth" it, but I'm happy with them.

Mike,

My BIGGEST improvement was the Banks Tuner. I run the 3rd tune from them, and it really helps !! I can honestly say I am stoked with the Banks stuff. I know people out there don't think Banks is "worth" it, but I'm happy with them.

I didn't realize that you were tuned also. I guess I need to do some research. What Bank tuner are running?

Mike

Yup, here is what I have. Very easy to do. I keep it in my Center Console. I haven't tried the Race tune, yet...

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/?option_id=424%7C93%7CDiesel%20Trucks%2C%20%0A11-15%20Chevy/GMC%20-%206.6L%20Duramax%20LML%7C2

Yup, here is what I have. Very easy to do. I keep it in my Center Console. I haven't tried the Race tune, yet...

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/?option_id=424%7C93%7CDiesel%20Trucks%2C%20%0A11-15%20Chevy/GMC%20-%206.6L%20Duramax%20LML%7C2

Interesting, I'm to new to the Duramax world. On the gasser side I've used EFI and HP tuners. Not sure if they are applicable to Diesel tuning, although I have heard talk of EFI Live on this forum.

I need to do some research on Diesel dyno tuners in Oklahoma and there preferred communication device.

Mike

I would have to agree that it removed the Dead Pedal and throttle response is smooth. When accelerating onto the highway, before it used to feel like it was chugging along to get to speed, now it climbs easily and feels like it wants to keep going past the 95 mph governor.

Installing this also gave me a reason to wipe down the engine bay area and spruce it up.

Now if I can figure out a way to keep it emissions legal, and whistle like my old 7.3, I would be in heaven !!

Not going to get a whistle out of it, sucks I know. With full delete and exhaust you can make it sound good but no whistle no matter what on stock charger.

Archived