Gm Engine Oil - what is GM code 19293002

Had my 1st oil change on the 6.0 from Quirk GMC Manchester NH (free)

My truck used 1/4 quart in 5000 miles.

The paper work says 6 / 19293002 for the oil they used, does not say anything about Synthetic or Blend (?)

The next oil change sticker attached to my inner windshield say: "Mobil1 at 10,000 miles or 11/15"

Is my OEM engine oil or my newly changed oil synthetic / blend ?

Google says:

Product Description

This OIL is a genuine OEM GM part #19293002 and carries a factory warranty. NewGMparts.com offers great prices with professional help and fast shipping. If you need assistance, call our trained team of parts professionals, and we will be happy to help you keep your GM car or truck all GM.

And found this:

You can maintain your vehicle’s warranty by using a motor oil that is dexos-licensed or meets dexos specifications. No conventional motor oil can meet the extremely strict dexos oil specs, so you will need to use a synthetic blend or full synthetic oil. Oil Can Henry’s service centers offer these dexos-licensed oils:

• Castrol EDGE 0W-20
  • Castrol EDGE 5W-20
  • Castrol EDGE 5W-30
  • Castrol GTX SynBlend 5W-30
  • ECO ULTRA Synthetic Blend 5W-30
  • Universal XHD Full Synthetic 0W-20

http://blog.oilcanhenrys.com/2014/08/dexos-and-your-gm-vehicle/

So true. From assembly plants to dealers, whoever can deliver a oil that meets the minimum OEM standards at the lowest cost gets the contract. Not a bad thing, as the oil will meet the minimum standards. But brand loyalty is not part of the equation, except in some unique, high end vehicles. And the average auto or pickup hardly qualifies as unique. A particular dealership might go with a particular brand out of loyalty, but that is the exception rather than the norm, and that practice is not because of some OEM mandate.

Archived