Stabilitrak, Power Steering, Gauges & Display Going Haywire

I picked my truck up from the dealership last week. They said they fixed the problem but it was caused by the lift. Apparently the rear bolts for the bottom control arms were put in backwards and one of them hit a wire connector causing bare wire. I had to pay for the repair out of pocket. They didn't charge me for parts and only charged 3 hours labor even though they had it for 3 days and claimed they had over 10 hours into it. so far I have driven about 250 miles in town and highway with no problems.

I picked my truck up from the dealership last week. They said they fixed the problem but it was caused by the lift. Apparently the rear bolts for the bottom control arms were put in backwards and one of them hit a wire connector causing bare wire. I had to pay for the repair out of pocket. They didn't charge me for parts and only charged 3 hours labor even though they had it for 3 days and claimed they had over 10 hours into it. so far I have driven about 250 miles in town and highway with no problems.

Interesting. Thanks for the update.

I got my truck back from the dealership yesterday. They had it for a couple days but "couldn't replicate the problem." They checked wires, etc. and could not find any issue. It already happened again today. I'll have to get under the truck and check everything myself.

If anyone has any insight, it would be much appreciated.

My trucks display, cigarette lighter, tcs light, blower fan, and dash lights will go off on the interstate when I hit the breaks, turn on my blinker, or mash my window button. Sometimes all of them will cause it sometimes none of them will. Also took 15 miles for my AC to start cooking properly yesterday. 2015 sierra with 10,000 miles with no mods. Gotta take i to the dealer now.

My trucks display, cigarette lighter, tcs light, blower fan, and dash lights will go off on the interstate when I hit the breaks, turn on my blinker, or mash my window button. Sometimes all of them will cause it sometimes none of them will. Also took 15 miles for my AC to start cooking properly yesterday. 2015 sierra with 10,000 miles with no mods. Gotta take i to the dealer now.

Definitely take it in immediately.

I cleaned up the ground connection to the frame because it was a little gummed up from the frame-coating. It hasn't happened since I did that but we'll see. I'll be shocked if my problem was as simple as that.

14x4, which ground did you clean up? where is it?

Jim

The negative from the battery splits; one end is grounded to the engine block and the other is grounded to the frame on the body-mount right behind the front passenger side wheel (front side).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Mine is doing the same thing. Light comes on daily almost and displays "Service Stabilitrak, Service Brake Assist," and something about steering assist reduced or something. Bone stock. Mine usually kicks on when I hit a bunch of bumps in the road in a row or if I turn the wheel all the way when turning. Will kick on within about 2-3 minutes. Will stay on for varied amounts of time. Usually through the rest of my drive (10-15 min). Will be on when I start my truck, then will disappear within minutes of driving again. Took it to the dealer and they reset something the first two times, didn't fix it. The forth time they have told me to bring it in with the light on and they will see if their is a code. I think it is a lose sensor or something based on the bumps and full turned wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

So mine is getting fixed (hopefully). I get it back today. They called me yesterday after having it for 24 hours and said the cause was a wire had shorted out and they need to replace a bus somewhere. Really don't know what he is saying, but I will post up the actual verbiage when I get the paper work from the service desk. I do remember the guy telling me it was around the power steering. Just wanted to post as soon as possible to help anyone else out that is having this problem and take it to the dealer. This was the 4th or 5th time I took it in to get this problem looked at.

So I went to the dealer yesterday to pick mine up. They said it was a short in a wire that was leading to/from the power steering motor, so they replaced the whole power steering motor. I do not know that they fixed the problem as when I went to get in my truck I noticed a door ding/paint scratch so I left them with my truck so they could now fix another issue caused by them. Hoping to get it back today or tomorrow and I will let everyone know if the new motor fixed the problem or not. I will post back if the problem persists.

Good morning all. I have recently registered on this site due to researching the issues describe here. I have a 2014 Silverado that has been doing the exact same thing. I am fortunate to be working towards a solution with General Motors directly, however I am attempting to create a series of records detailing the specifics. The easiest way to assemble a list of trucks experiencing the issue would be to request the VIN. I am not sure how comfortable you may be with providing that to me, however I believe the engineers will be able to quickly narrow down common denominator as to how each truck was optioned.

Please feel free to PM me for more information, and thank you for your assistance.

Happy to provide mine. I have a similar thread going here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/177978-steering-wheel-jammed-up-stabilitrak-errors/

I just had the dealer call me with all kinds of SCARY lost communication codes to pretty much every module (transmission, brakes, engine, and more).

VIN on its way via PM.

I have a 2012 Equinox with 68,000 miles. It's been a great vehicle until June. The service Stabilitrak warning light came on, the ECO on flashes on and off, the speedometer, tachometer, and temperature gauge jump back and forth, and it has been shifting very rough. Cruise control will intermittently shut off. The first time at the dealer they could not replicate the problem. As soon as I pulled out of the dealership, it did it again and I turned around leaving it running when I dropped it off. They replaced a wire that they said had become pinched and warn through creating a short. Within a few weeks, it was at it again. This time they said it was a loose ground wire. Again, within a week it was doing it again. I dropped it off Thursday night for an appointment first thing Friday morning. Today is Monday, I called and left two messages. I still have not heard back. A quick internet search leading me here to this forum, shows this is a pretty widespread problem but not getting any answers.

Just a quick update... My truck has been with the dealer for approximately two weeks at this point. To date, no conclusive results have been discovered, however the service advisor has indicated they are examining and testing the wiring harness front to back. I have been reluctant to call the dealer for updates, as this is the first dealer that is taking their time with it. My prior encounters with other dealers have resulted in control modules not properly grounded, however I am not sure if that was an accurate diagnosis due to the issue reappearing. I will provide additional updates as available.

Thank you to those that have provided VIN's. I will pass that along to the engineers working towards a solution.

Just to keep you guys updated with my situation; I have had no issues since I cleaned up the ground from the negative battery terminal to the frame right behind the front passenger-side tire. This was 3 weeks ago. Fingers crossed.

Definitely take it in immediately.

I cleaned up the ground connection to the frame because it was a little gummed up from the frame-coating. It hasn't happened since I did that but we'll see. I'll be shocked if my problem was as simple as that.

The negative from the battery splits; one end is grounded to the engine block and the other is grounded to the frame on the body-mount right behind the front passenger side wheel (front side).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1