Stabilitrak, Power Steering, Gauges & Display Going Haywire

I dunno how to add videos but here is a link to mine. Been at the dealer 4 days with an unable duplicate response. They also have this video. Put me in a ditch about 15 minutes before I filmed this.

• Like 1

At the end the truck turned off. When I cranked it back there was no sound from the radio, the blinkers, door chimes etc. Turned it off went inside and came back out and everything was fine. 38000 miles. Originally started with just the screen flickering (which I have a dated video of) and has progressed to this

Update-the dealer checked the service bulletin in this thread at my request and did a drop load test on the battery cables and all of them failed. Said to replace them will be around 400 and gm won't cover it because it's out of warranty by 2000 miles even though it was in the shop previously under warranty for this problem and the battery that they had to replace. So now they have had the truck for 5 days and I've been paying for a rental each day. I have a call in to gm that was escalated so we shall see if they come up with a resolution

Update number 2. Truck still seems to be driving fine. GM called and said they could not reimburse me because the dealer was unable to duplicate this issue when I initially took it in. Even though I have video of it doing it from sep 2015. They offered a 100 voucher good for one year on any repairs that have to be made in the future. So basically 500 out of pocket and I get a 100 voucher that I may or may not need. Really disappointed

Update-the dealer checked the service bulletin in this thread at my request and did a drop load test on the battery cables and all of them failed. Said to replace them will be around 400 and gm won't cover it because it's out of warranty by 2000 miles even though it was in the shop previously under warranty for this problem and the battery that they had to replace. So now they have had the truck for 5 days and I've been paying for a rental each day. I have a call in to gm that was escalated so we shall see if they come up with a resolution

Update number 2. Truck still seems to be driving fine. GM called and said they could not reimburse me because the dealer was unable to duplicate this issue when I initially took it in. Even though I have video of it doing it from sep 2015. They offered a 100 voucher good for one year on any repairs that have to be made in the future. So basically 500 out of pocket and I get a 100 voucher that I may or may not need. Really disappointed

Thanks for the info about the battery cables, Realmc. Let us know if you ever experience problems again.

• Like 1

My 2014 Silverado is doing the same. Turn directional on start switching lanes stabil trak comes on cruise shuts off and on warnings on dash come on and power steering loss . Its at the dealer cant duplicate this problem so they say I dont have a problem. Also lower power windows and cruise shuts off. Steering wheel jerked out of my wives hand in a parking lot at low speed, what would happen at highway speed? This truck is dangerous and they want me to take it home

• Like 1

My 2014 Silverado is doing the same. Turn directional on start switching lanes stabil trak comes on cruise shuts off and on warnings on dash come on and power steering loss . Its at the dealer cant duplicate this problem so they say I dont have a problem. Also lower power windows and cruise shuts off. Steering wheel jerked out of my wives hand in a parking lot at low speed, what would happen at highway speed? This truck is dangerous and they want me to take it home

Report your issue to the.....this is a safety related problem that requires to be investigated!

https://www.nhtsa.gov/

Thxs

• Like 1

I haven't had this issue yet but if u Google g218 you will find some info on this has something to do with poor ground in the upper dash by the windshield and the speakers I'm gunna check mine out.

Got my truck back after they fixed the ground problem in the dash. Problem is worse than before. I called Chevy customer service and told them all the dealer is doing is riding the truck around trying to duplicate the problem. Her reply was i will call them and see if you can ride with them. i asked her what would happen if control was lost at 65 and somone was killed who is responsible ...I think a lawyer is next if no solution is found.

Got my truck back after they fixed the ground problem in the dash. Problem is worse than before. I called Chevy customer service and told them all the dealer is doing is riding the truck around trying to duplicate the problem. Her reply was i will call them and see if you can ride with them. i asked her what would happen if control was lost at 65 and somone was killed who is responsible ...I think a lawyer is next if no solution is found.

Report your safety concerns to the NHTSA site. Compile and send a registered letter listing your safety concerns with your VIN # included with a contact phone number to the address listed in your owners hand book.

Keep your letter and concerns brief to "what is happening and when" and keep all other "I think" info out of the safety letter!

Now you have met your legal requirement of notification of safety issue to the manufacture. If anything happens at a latter date you now have a legal argument of neglect to fix their safety related issue.

If and when they agree to have your vehicle checked and repaired, ask that a factory engineer be included in their repair attempts, and only except your vehicle back with a report of findings and or fix applied. Your the owner and are legally allowed to know what work that has been done to your vehicle.

Best of luck

There is a post by JoeDD that is similar. The dealer replaced my whole fuse block and I haven't had a problem since then. Write up said nothing about grounding issue. I was pulling out of the bank parking lot with the check for the truck when it happened. Stabilitrack light flashed, all dash light flashed, truck stalled and I was close to getting t-boned when it happened. I was able to replicate by turning the wheel right and hitting the brake to make a turn around 10mph. They took my truck for 2 weeks. I told them I have a newborn and if someone hits my truck and this was the cause then they would have a major lawsuit on their hands. They checked everything over a few times, or so they said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Clint623