Shaking like a 70's car at a stop light.

2014 Sierra Denali 23k miles and every-time you stop at a light RPM'S drop a little below 500 and it starts doing the shake! Anyone with this same issue? 3 dealers and response is they are all like that? contacted GMC and no help at all, premium fuel and nothing.

Time to change the truck i guess.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My 15 6.2 has a shake everytime I start it up and it idles down to 500 rpm. I don't remember my 14 5.3 doing this. It bothers me and I plan to get by dealership soon for their opinion.

Mine used to do it before a custom tune, dealer said it was normal.

I had my tuner raise the idle RPM to 600 and now it never drops below when idling. And it is way smoother.

I can't say why it shakes but the shakes have me paranoid. My truck was "shaking" for a few hundred miles before it got worse and worse an eventually the engine died. My truck still shakes sometimes and I sit there hoping it isn't the same issue but so far it's been good. Make sure you tell the dealer your aware that some 6.2's have gone out randomly, mine isn't the only one.

My Tahoe did that once and my buddy (mechanic) had me clean the throttle body with choke cleaner and then a little WD-40. It worked perfectly and ran better than it had in a long time. He said many times dealers and shops with want to do an injector cleaning and all it needed was about $6 in materials. It got a little black ring where it opens and closes and when your idling it's barely open so I'm guessing it needs a little more air. This only happened when I had my foot on the brake and in drive.

My Tahoe did that once and my buddy (mechanic) had me clean the throttle body with choke cleaner and then a little WD-40. It worked perfectly and ran better than it had in a long time. He said many times dealers and shops with want to do an injector cleaning and all it needed was about $6 in materials. It got a little black ring where it opens and closes and when your idling it's barely open so I'm guessing it needs a little more air. This only happened when I had my foot on the brake and in drive.

My old Sierra had this problem. The idle would get so low at a stop light it felt like it was going to shut off.

Whenever it would start doing this cleaning that black ring where it opens and closes would clear it right up.

Sat at stop light today for about 3 minutes at 500 rpm's and I couldn't tell the motor was even running. This is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed by the dealer ASAP. For the hell of it have you guys check your MAF sensor?

I have it too. Here's what I found. When stopped with the A/C was on, it would have this annoying shake that ran through the entire truck. When I turned the A/C off, the shake disappeared. I thought it was maybe an imbalanced pulley or a loose mount. I checked all that and nothing. I think it actually has to do with the RPM's. At certain RPM's, the shake presents itself. When I turn the A/C off, the RPM's rise just slightly, the the shake goes away.

Archived