Replacing Leaf Springs?

The leaf springs on my truck are getting pretty saggy, and one of them actually has a broken leaf, so I am shopping around for replacement ones. I came across SD Truck Springs' website and found that they have two options that seem to both fit my truck (and also another option with 5 leaves instead of 3). The problem is, one is $84 w/o shipping, the other is $216. So my question is, what is the difference between the two, is one just higher quality than the other or does one just include all the mounting hardware or?... There is the same situation on other websites too.

Here is the link for SD Truck Springs that I was looking at: http://www.sdtrucksprings.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&inc_subcat=1&categories_id=655&year_select=2006&make_select=623&model_select=8277&x=132&y=10

Somewhat off topic, how big of a job is replacing the leaf springs? The dealer was going to charge $1000 to do it lol so I am pretty set on either doing it myself or not doing it at all seeing as I don't tow or haul very often.

Check out tuff country springs. I replaced all 4 springs on my k10 with the ex ride springs. It is a completely different truck. Rides a lot smoother around town and the suspension actually articulates and soaks up bumps off road.

I ordered mine from summitracing.com. They price matched SD spring, are closer to me, free shipping, no tax, and have a much better reputation.

EZRIDE - not as stiff as stock, great for empty driving and can handle the occasional load

HD Spring - stiffer than stock. FIRM stiff ride but good for the truck that is always hauling loads.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Archived