I love it when I see the Brown Truck at my house

Made an order from GM wholesale Direct on Monday 17 Aug and Friday the 21st I received my items.

Front Black Bowtie

IMG_0023%2035150_zps42f5lskg.jpg

Rear black bowtie

IMG_0022%2035149_zps6rbsfmoh.jpg

TONNEAU COVER, HARD FOLDING and Chevy Molded Splash gaurds.

IMG_0024%2035148_zpsq9vyqyh8.jpg

IMG_0025%2035151_zpspoccrboe.jpg

Pleased with the service from GM wholesale direct, saved about $350 and shipping was $52.

Now I need to find a set of LED fog lights, an LED light bar to go behind the grill and maybe the exterior cab lights.

That's a damn good looking truck. You're making me jealous now. :thumbs:

Damn, Mike. You're killing us! I thought I'd done something by transferring the bed cover and installing new mud guards. The bed seal kit should be in this week. Then. I'll be done for a while...I hope.

Thanks! HA/Ha...I've. only just begun...! My plan next is to add some LED Fog Lights and a light bar behind the grill. I may add some roof lighting also. Haven't done much research, but I do know that the 2015 clearance lights have a square mounting peg, I may pass on that one.

I would really like to add some Amp retractable boards also, but I'm either going relocate the Horse pies container or delete it All together so I can use the 1500 Amp boards.

Mike

How do you safely remove the tail gate emblem?

Initially I tried 32 pound test line (epic failure as the line kept breaking). I then used a strand of line from parachute cord. Worked great and the residual 3M just rolled off in a ball by hand. There is no alignment pins on the back as Chevy use to put on along with a hole in the tailgate. I almost left it off.

Mike

Initially I tried 32 pound test line (epic failure as the line kept breaking). I then used a strand of line from parachute cord. Worked great and the residual 3M just rolled off in a ball by hand. There is no alignment pins on the back as Chevy use to put on along with a hole in the tailgate. I almost left it off.

Mike

I used a blow dryer to get the emblem hot then just grabbed ahold of a corner and pulled it off, like you said the adhesive just balled up and came right off, a little too gone, followed by a soapy rag followed by wax then a dry rag and it looks MUCH better!

I used a blow dryer to get the emblem hot then just grabbed ahold of a corner and pulled it off, like you said the adhesive just balled up and came right off, a little too gone, followed by a soapy rag followed by wax then a dry rag and it looks MUCH better!

Yeah I should have said that I used the cord to go under the emblem half way. Like you, I was able to lift the corner and pull it the rest of the way off. I had a heat gun ready to go if this didn't work.

Mike

Archived