Upgraded to 2500HD

25HD's only come on Std Bed (6 1/2) and Long Bed (8)

Short Bed (5 3/4) are 1500's only

Correct but to see a double cab short bed Duramax is rare, so rare in fact there was only one out there when the dealer did a locator so he ordered one.

Correct but to see a double cab short bed Duramax is rare, so rare in fact there was only one out there when the dealer did a locator so he ordered one.

You mean standard bed? Pretty sure they don't put short beds on anything besides 1500's

I dropped the rear of my 2015 2500 also with a set of McGaughy's shackles. Everything is high enough even with my using it as a farm pickup that goes off road frequently. It still has a little bit of rake. Also, when running empty or light loaded, the tires are set at roughly 52 PSI all the way around. Sure, it causes the DIC to alert me when I start the pickup, but I just hit the dismiss button and ignore it, and the tire pressure light stays on, but so does the seatbelt light, as I hardly ever use the seatbelt unless I get on a major highway. I really have learned to block out a lot of the techie stuff that means nothing to me. GM has their ideas on how things should be done, I have mine.

I have no "scientific" data to back it up, but I gained a little bit in mpg by running the lower tire pressures. I have become convinced, that when empty, the tires at recommended pressures are bouncing around and a lot of wheel hop is going on that the anti slip is compensating and doing little micro braking stuff that eats into mpg. Also, I have become convinced that handling and tire wear is improved as well. Mostly for the same reason. The recommended pressures are for when the pickup is loaded up to maximum GVWR. It says that right in the door jam. These tires are no different than commercial heavy truck tires, in that they should have a pressure in them that is appropriate for the weight they are hauling. My commercial truck tires are rated for 120 PSI, but the loading charts show 95 PSI for the gross weight I haul. Just because these pickup tires are rated for 80 PSI doesn't mean they have to run anywhere near that pressure when empty. I tried to get Michelin to provide a loading / pressure chart for the pickup tires like they do the commercial stuff, and they just punted back to GM. Kinda stupid, as GM doesn't make the tires. I am sure it is a contract and liability thing going on.

You mean standard bed? Pretty sure they don't put short beds on anything besides 1500's

Standard box, happy? There was no such thing as a standard box until these little half ton 5.5 beds came along, before that it was short bed or long bed which is what the HD's have even though GM now calls it a "standard box" now...

Standard box, happy? There was no such thing as a standard box until these little half ton 5.5 beds came along, before that it was short bed or long bed which is what the HD's have even though GM now calls it a "standard box" now...

Chill out bud, so I corrected you big whoop. I know the sizes but some others may not and get confused. Just trying to keep it all the same

25HD's only come on Std Bed (6 1/2) and Long Bed (8)

Short Bed (5 3/4) are 1500's only

Correct, but the 6.5 is still the shortest bed offered on the HD, so I'm still right. :P

LMAO.

• 1 month later...

Hello, all! Been on these forums for a couple years now. I had a 2014 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 since July 2013. I recently traded it for a 2015 Silverado 2500HD LTZ Z71 with the Duramax Plus package. Pretty much the same as the 2014 I had, except the engine and transmission.

I'm looking to do the very same. Bought a 2014 Sierra SLE last year and now come to find out my payload is insufficient. Looking at a 2500 Z71 6.0

• 8 months later...

Archived