Does anyone have a copy of this "Information on Vibration Analysis and Diagnostic 2014/2015 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra" any link I try does not work. I am currently having a vibration issue with my 2015 Silverado and I am not have the best luck dealing with GM.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I bought a Preowned 2014 GMC Sierra last night I noticed some vibration and decided to look it up online.

I already talked to the dealer and I am bringing the truck for an inspection. Could you please send me a copy of that bulletin the link doesnt work for me.

Thank you

Check and see if it was bought back for vibration issues, as they are legally obligated to disclose this with you before your agreement to purchase.

This is a very large problem effecting many, many people!

Ask service dept....to print out service history to view.

Good luck

If the tire actually slips on the rim when inflated to recommended pressure, then you have a major problem. Either the rim is oversized or the tire is undersized, or a combination of both. A properly fitting tire should not slip on the rim unless it is severely underinflated and the driver spins the tires hard on dry pavement).

A line drawn across the tire to rim would confirm your suspicions, however that is not the real culprit!

Frame beaming caused by light weight high tensile steel! This allows every imperfection to vibrate throughout the cabin and frame. Oh the body mounts are stiffer in this gen... as well. This keeps your truck from excessive body roll and amplifies the road and engine vibrations as well.

Good luck

I HAVE A 2015 GMC SLT CREW CAB, 4X4 WITH 6.2L, 8 SPD. I HAD THE SAME VIBRATION IN MY TRUCK. I HAVE 30,000 MILES ON IT, AND HAD THE VIBRATION ON AND OFF FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. LAST WEEK I HAD IT SERVICED AT THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT IT AND MENTIONED IT TO THE SERVICE MANAGER. THEY HAD ONE LIKE MINE THE MONTH BEFORE AND WHEN THEY FINISHED MY SERVICE THE MANAGER CAME OUT AND TOLD ME MY TRUCK WAS READY AND THAT HE ORDERED THE TORQUE CONVERTER AND OTHER MISC PARTS AND WOULD CALL WHEN IN. I TOOK IT IN TUESDATY 2/21/17 AND THEY CALLED THIS AFTERNOON, TRUCK WAS READY. I PICKED IT UP AND WHERE I WAS ALWAYS HAVING THE VIBRATION, IT WAS GONE. IT IS DRIVING LIKE IT DID WHEN IT WAS NEW, NO VIBRATION. ON MY REPAIR ORDER IT HAD BAD TORQUE CONVERTER BULLETIN #PIP5337.

HOPE THIS HELPS

I HAVE DELT WITH THIS DEALER FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS AND THEY HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME THE RUN AROUND.

Edited by Docknow9

I HAVE A 2015 GMC SLT CREW CAB, 4X4 WITH 6.2L, 8 SPD. I HAD THE SAME VIBRATION IN MY TRUCK. I HAVE 30,000 MILES ON IT, AND HAD THE VIBRATION ON AND OFF FOR THE LAST SIX MONTHS. LAST WEEK I HAD IT SERVICED AT THE DEALER WHERE I BOUGHT IT AND MENTIONED IT TO THE SERVICE MANAGER. THEY HAD ONE LIKE MINE THE MONTH BEFORE AND WHEN THEY FINISHED MY SERVICE THE MANAGER CAME OUT AND TOLD ME MY TRUCK WAS READY AND THAT HE ORDERED THE TORQUE CONVERTER AND OTHER MISC PARTS AND WOULD CALL WHEN IN. I TOOK IT IN TUESDATY 2/21/17 AND THEY CALLED THIS AFTERNOON, TRUCK WAS READY. I PICKED IT UP AND WHERE I WAS ALWAYS HAVING THE VIBRATION, IT WAS GONE. IT IS DRIVING LIKE IT DID WHEN IT WAS NEW, NO VIBRATION. ON MY REPAIR ORDER IT HAD BAD TORQUE CONVERTER BULLETIN #PIP5337.

HOPE THIS HELPS

I HAVE DELT WITH THIS DEALER FOR THE LAST TEN YEARS AND THEY HAVE NEVER GIVEN ME THE RUN AROUND.

Yes you would be correct! Your truck has the eight speed, The new torque converter would actually be a new part number I would think. These are some of the after thought repairs GM is struggling with now. People are complaining about the droaning and vibrations experienced with these new trucks.

Every ones situation is somewhat different, as vibrations are caused by energy release in drivelines or engine related. Balancing of components is so critical now, going forward with light weight high strength frames.

The eight speeds had some issues early on, what speed or vibrations you were experiencing?

Take care

• Like 1

I have a 2016 Silverado Crew cab 4x4 5.3 LTZ with 45k on it now. I have had it for 17Months(I drive a lot). It started to get a faint vibration about 15k ago and it has gotten progressively worse. I just put in Billstein 5100 shocks all around and a powerstop brake kit and the truck feels smoother than it ever did with zero miles on it. I can't get over the difference, all of my vibration is gone. I was driving today on the highway and looked down and was doing 85 MPH. I never drove that fast as the vibration started about 75. I don't know if this will solve everyones problem but I can't even begin to express the night and day feel of the truck. GM should have built them with these parts!

I have a 2016 Silverado Crew cab 4x4 5.3 LTZ with 45k on it now. I have had it for 17Months(I drive a lot). It started to get a faint vibration about 15k ago and it has gotten progressively worse. I just put in Billstein 5100 shocks all around and a powerstop brake kit and the truck feels smoother than it ever did with zero miles on it. I can't get over the difference, all of my vibration is gone. I was driving today on the highway and looked down and was doing 85 MPH. I never drove that fast as the vibration started about 75. I don't know if this will solve everyones problem but I can't even begin to express the night and day feel of the truck. GM should have built them with these parts!

Yup Billistein are one of the best shocks for most trucks! I have used the 5100 on my Sierra, as well on my Ram.

They absorb body roll and vibration very well.

I took the information from Docknow9 to the dealer suggesting the repair would solve the vibration issues with my 2015 Silverado. I had taken the truck to this dealer for evaluation and while a problem was identified I thought we we waiting for a repair procedure from GM. This was backed up by a conversation with GM customer care who informed me that the engineers are working on a solution and asked that I be patient. When I brought this information to the dealer they informed that it only applied to the 8 speed transmission not the 6 speed. The mood on helping me had changed as well. They quoted the last service report on the truck and now claim the vibration in the truck is normal. This was all now identified in a new sevice report that now contained "tech notes". These notes claim the tech drove another truck and verified that the vibration was present in that truck as well. The service advisor spent 1/2 an hour trying to reproduce the vibration in a new 2017 with no success. He requested that he and the service manager test drive my truck again. The service advisor drove the truck with me in it and identified a vibration in the 40 mph range (60 to 70 kph). He claims this is normal despite the fact that this vibration did not show up until 35000 kilometers and one year of service. The service manager declined to drive the truck. I had a civil conversation with the service manager questioning the two different service reports and the GM customer care department advising me that they are working on a solution. No explanation to the updated service report and basicly told me that "the engineers are working on the problem" is the same as "the check is in the mail". I feel the customer group could be saying anything to get me to stop pursuing the mater. Despite two dealers identifying this annoying vibration I still have no agreement that it is not normal and needs to be corrected. It gets worse every time I drive it especially when the truck is cold, vibrating so bad it shakes the steering wheel. I feel like GM is hoping I will get tired of the battle and just give up and live with the problem. That's not happening. This issue drives me crazy everytime I drive the the truck. A local transmission shop thinks it could be the torque convertor and has a process for confirming it. I will keep the forum updated. Special note - the service manager asked me to let him know if the transmission shop confirms that there is a torque converor issue but even with this information he still will not commit to repairing the truck.

I took the information from Docknow9 to the dealer suggesting the repair would solve the vibration issues with my 2015 Silverado. I had taken the truck to this dealer for evaluation and while a problem was identified I thought we we waiting for a repair procedure from GM. This was backed up by a conversation with GM customer care who informed me that the engineers are working on a solution and asked that I be patient. When I brought this information to the dealer they informed that it only applied to the 8 speed transmission not the 6 speed. The mood on helping me had changed as well. They quoted the last service report on the truck and now claim the vibration in the truck is normal. This was all now identified in a new sevice report that now contained "tech notes". These notes claim the tech drove another truck and verified that the vibration was present in that truck as well. The service advisor spent 1/2 an hour trying to reproduce the vibration in a new 2017 with no success. He requested that he and the service manager test drive my truck again. The service advisor drove the truck with me in it and identified a vibration in the 40 mph range (60 to 70 kph). He claims this is normal despite the fact that this vibration did not show up until 35000 kilometers and one year of service. The service manager declined to drive the truck. I had a civil conversation with the service manager questioning the two different service reports and the GM customer care department advising me that they are working on a solution. No explanation to the updated service report and basicly told me that "the engineers are working on the problem" is the same as "the check is in the mail". I feel the customer group could be saying anything to get me to stop pursuing the mater. Despite two dealers identifying this annoying vibration I still have no agreement that it is not normal and needs to be corrected. It gets worse every time I drive it especially when the truck is cold, vibrating so bad it shakes the steering wheel. I feel like GM is hoping I will get tired of the battle and just give up and live with the problem. That's not happening. This issue drives me crazy everytime I drive the the truck. A local transmission shop thinks it could be the torque convertor and has a process for confirming it. I will keep the forum updated. Special note - the service manager asked me to let him know if the transmission shop confirms that there is a torque converor issue but even with this information he still will not commit to repairing the truck.

Seek a lawyer, also look at the CAMVAP site for info.

This is not normal for a truck to shake, get videos of this happening.

Thxs

• 2 weeks later...

A line drawn across the tire to rim would confirm your suspicions, however that is not the real culprit!

Frame beaming caused by light weight high tensile steel! This allows every imperfection to vibrate throughout the cabin and frame. Oh the body mounts are stiffer in this gen... as well. This keeps your truck from excessive body roll and amplifies the road and engine vibrations as well.

Good luck

I consider this a plausible theory.

Any word on the transmission shop confirming the torque converter?

Prior to my last post I had visited my dealer suggesting that my 2015 had a transmission issue based on information I had received onn this forum. They quickly dismissed my therory and I felt I had reached the end on my rope. As suggested by a local transmission shop I added a transmission anti shuddering additive. This was done with the permision of the GM dealer I was dealing with. Feeling there was no hope in getting my truck fixed I began shopping for a new truck. I had a truck selected and then I contacted GM customer service hoping for some finacial assistance to replace the truck that "could not be fixed". To my suprise this representative was very helpful. She took all my information and then said she would call back in a few days. In a few days she called back and asked me to return to the dealer for a attempt to repair the truck. They had the truck for one day and too my suprise the truck appears to be fixed. It may not be perfect but it is more than 95% better and to this point I am satisfied and will no longer be looking to replace my truck.

The issue with the truck was a vibration in the exhaust system. The repair was to replace the exhaust from the cat convertor back. There appears to be a back pressure device in the system. In the new system this device has been moved from downstrem of the muffler to in front of the muffler. This has solved my complaint.

Prior to my last post I had visited my dealer suggesting that my 2015 had a transmission issue based on information I had received onn this forum. They quickly dismissed my therory and I felt I had reached the end on my rope. As suggested by a local transmission shop I added a transmission anti shuddering additive. This was done with the permision of the GM dealer I was dealing with. Feeling there was no hope in getting my truck fixed I began shopping for a new truck. I had a truck selected and then I contacted GM customer service hoping for some finacial assistance to replace the truck that "could not be fixed". To my suprise this representative was very helpful. She took all my information and then said she would call back in a few days. In a few days she called back and asked me to return to the dealer for a attempt to repair the truck. They had the truck for one day and too my suprise the truck appears to be fixed. It may not be perfect but it is more than 95% better and to this point I am satisfied and will no longer be looking to replace my truck.

The issue with the truck was a vibration in the exhaust system. The repair was to replace the exhaust from the cat convertor back. There appears to be a back pressure device in the system. In the new system this device has been moved from downstrem of the muffler to in front of the muffler. This has solved my complaint.

This is very good news for you, can you help explain what you were experiencing in this vibration feeling.

Just wondering what speed, and was it felt in the cabin, and or steering wheel as well.

Thxs

• Like 1