SEAT IS TEARING.. THINNER THAN PAPER MATERIAL

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH TEARS IN THE THINNER THAN PAPER MATERIAL ON THE SEATS EDGE? PICTURES BELOW. I THOUGHT MY SEATS WERE ALL LEATHER, BUT EVIDENTLY NOT. I RE-READ THE WINDOW STICKER AND ITS STATED "FULL FRONT FEATURE LEATHER APPOINTED BUCKETS" WELL, LEATHER WASNT APPOINTED IN THE AREA THAT TAKES THE MOST WEAR. FROM DAY ONE IVE ALWAYS GOT IN AND OUT OF MY TRUCK CAREFULLY, TRYING NOT TO PUT WEAR ON THIS UPWARD EDGE OF THE SEAT. IVE ALWAYS PUT A PROTECTANT ON IT, TO CREATE LESS WEAR. ALWAYS USE MY STEP BARS WHEN GETTING IN, AND OUT. MADE NO DIFFERENCE AS THE PICTURES SHOW. IVE NOTICED IN THE 15'S THIS AREA IS A HEAVIER MATERIAL, SEWN DIFFERENTLY. AT ONLY 11,OOO MILES ITS STILL UNDER WARRANTY. I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD TAKE IT IN NOW AND SEE IF THEY CAN REPAIR IT, OR WAIT UNTIL IM CLOSE TO THE WARRANTYS END. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR ANYONE ELSE WITH THIS PROBLEM?

ALSO HAD MY HEADLIGHTS UPGRADED AT THE DEALER UNDER THE SERVICE BULLITEN. SOMEWHAT BETTER VISABILITY BUT THE BRIGHTS ARE STILL ALMOST USELESS.

post-140335-0-16674700-1440547455_thumb.jpg

post-140335-0-08176100-1440547466_thumb.jpg

post-140335-0-16431700-1440547478_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have leather seats in my '14 Silverado but I had the foam split in the same spot as yours is tearing which caused the seat to cover to start to wear. The dealer replaced the foam and the seat cover under warranty. The day that I got it back from getting the seat fixed I put Coverking Neoprene seat covers on my seats because I don't think the seat material is going to wear very well at all. Yesterday I just noticed that the seat foam is split again just like before. This time I am going to wait until just before it is out of warranty to get it fixed. The cloth seats in my '99 Silverado that I have before this truck wore like iron. After a 170,000 miles on it they show almost no signs of wear.

Interesting, my leather is wearing just like yours... I guess I'll change up how my fat ass gets in and out of the truck.

Oh, if you are like me you probably don't give two craps about Internet etiquette but all CAPS means you are yelling and is why you are getting the comments about "calming down"

Let us know what dealer does

Sent from Off Driller Side

I don't have leather seats in my '14 Silverado but I had the foam split in the same spot as yours is tearing which caused the seat to cover to start to wear. The dealer replaced the foam and the seat cover under warranty. The day that I got it back from getting the seat fixed I put Coverking Neoprene seat covers on my seats because I don't think the seat material is going to wear very well at all. Yesterday I just noticed that the seat foam is split again just like before. This time I am going to wait until just before it is out of warranty to get it fixed. The cloth seats in my '99 Silverado that I have before this truck wore like iron. After a 170,000 miles on it they show almost no signs of wear.

My buddy at work has the 14 Silverado and has the wear marks on his cloth seats in the same area. No foam splitting yet. Although he doesn't have to worry about it because hes at the end of the lemon law process. Waiting on the word to take it back. Hes looking towards a Toyota now. 4000 miles on his truck. My 91 GMC had 270,000 miles on it and No wear on the material or edges. I have thought about the seat covers, but then again I figured the covers would create wear on the seat just the same. What a shame GM cant make a product that will hold up to the lightest of wear.

Since you have the AT package that portion of the seat is a synthetic material and not leather.

Lift your butt up out of the seat and use the step rails to get out instead of sliding off of that panel. That is wear and tear from a person being lazy. My truck has 23k miles on it with the AT package and my seats look brand new still. I wear jeans almost every day, have stuff in my pockets and carry a gun in a holster and my seats have zero wear issues.

YOUR BIG ASSES ARE TEARING UP THE SEATS. LIFT YOUR BUTT OFF THE SEAT TO MOVE IN AND OUT OF THE TRUCK LOL. By the way my 2014 has about 9200 miles and I have either used the AC or heat on the seats for every single mile I have owned my vehicle and no tears or distortion of any kind.

NOPE NO ISSUES WITH MY SEATS! I HAVE PERFORATED LEATHER THOUGH.

^^^^^ x 2 ^^^^^ 30,000 miles on the truck now and seats look brand new. I do make sure to step up and out of the seat using my step bars. Not just turn (sitting in the bolster) and slide out..

Since you have the AT package that portion of the seat is a synthetic material and not leather.

Lift your butt up out of the seat and use the step rails to get out instead of sliding off of that panel. That is wear and tear from a person being lazy. My truck has 23k miles on it with the AT package and my seats look brand new still. I wear jeans almost every day, have stuff in my pockets and carry a gun in a holster and my seats have zero wear issues.

Sorry Buba this is not from being lazy., I have been careful from day one, using my step bars for entering and exiting, as I originally stated. And whats a gun holster have to do with it unless your sitting on it.

Archived