SEAT IS TEARING.. THINNER THAN PAPER MATERIAL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have leather seats in my '14 Silverado but I had the foam split in the same spot as yours is tearing which caused the seat to cover to start to wear. The dealer replaced the foam and the seat cover under warranty. The day that I got it back from getting the seat fixed I put Coverking Neoprene seat covers on my seats because I don't think the seat material is going to wear very well at all. Yesterday I just noticed that the seat foam is split again just like before. This time I am going to wait until just before it is out of warranty to get it fixed. The cloth seats in my '99 Silverado that I have before this truck wore like iron. After a 170,000 miles on it they show almost no signs of wear.

I don't have leather seats in my '14 Silverado but I had the foam split in the same spot as yours is tearing which caused the seat to cover to start to wear. The dealer replaced the foam and the seat cover under warranty. The day that I got it back from getting the seat fixed I put Coverking Neoprene seat covers on my seats because I don't think the seat material is going to wear very well at all. Yesterday I just noticed that the seat foam is split again just like before. This time I am going to wait until just before it is out of warranty to get it fixed. The cloth seats in my '99 Silverado that I have before this truck wore like iron. After a 170,000 miles on it they show almost no signs of wear.

What was the mileage when the foam split? Something ill have to look forward to I guess. Was the foam and seat cover one piece?

I have about 10,000 miles on it when I noticed it. It was fixed at 12,000 miles and now at 18,000 miles it is doing it again.

It is not from being lazy nor my big a$$ as has been stated above. I don't have steps on my truck so I can't use them. I am careful getting out of my truck and don't just slide out of the seat. I had 170,000 miles on my '99 that sat higher that my '14 with no steps also and it never had that problem and didn't show hardly any wear on the seats and I was not as careful with that truck as I am with this truck. Also I am not a big person at all that weighs in 160 soaking wet so that should not be an issue at all.

I have about 10,000 miles on it when I noticed it. It was fixed at 12,000 miles and now at 18,000 miles it is doing it again.

It is not from being lazy nor my big a$$ as has been stated above. I don't have steps on my truck so I can't use them. I am careful getting out of my truck and don't just slide out of the seat. I had 170,000 miles on my '99 that sat higher that my '14 with no steps also and it never had that problem and didn't show hardly any wear on the seats and I was not as careful with that truck as I am with this truck. Also I am not a big person at all that weighs in 160 soaking wet so that should not be an issue at all.

Its a shame the materials are dollar store quality. Ill take advantage of my warranty while I have it, but down the road maybe ill look into the seat material on a 15. The material does seem heavier, but I doubt them foam is any better. Makes no sense that the foam on a 15-20 year old truck is still good, but a truck less than a year old is worn out. And not a WEIGHT issue here either! I started using a leather protectant from the start to avoid any friction issues. Maybe the protectant deteriorating the material.

I knew mine was getting close.... It just took the weekend to start showing.

I'm not obese by any means, 220 at most and 34" waste so it's not like I'm spilling over the seat edges.

I'm not sure what to do on this... Wait until warranty is about over and fix it or fix now and hope that if it's going to do it again, it does it before warranty is up.

I'm really wanting the High Country Seats also....

4b651c52efa723500761227d8cb17d8f.jpg37c4a4c6af7b9ff2a7d7fd740baa3341.jpg

Sent from Off Driller Side

I here some saying "warranty" if it is cover I don't understand the issue?

I'm sure it's covered... But I can't imagine them covering it with anything any better. That's my dilemma... I want to time it just right.

I have a great dealer, I'm just a little concerned with how quick it happened. I put 30k miles on my 14 with cloth interior and had no issue and figured this pleather would be a little tougher

I'm sure it's covered... But I can't imagine them covering it with anything any better. That's my dilemma... I want to time it just right.

I have a great dealer, I'm just a little concerned with how quick it happened. I put 30k miles on my 14 with cloth interior and had no issue and figured this pleather would be a little tougher

U mean before 100k seems like a long time

Archived