SEAT IS TEARING.. THINNER THAN PAPER MATERIAL

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not (GM) use regular leather with red stitching?

The production of real and faux leather is a totally different story, and with different outcome. These days quantity is (often) more important than quality - look around... TV's, Computers, ...

And, people tend to buy no matter what. Ask yourself how long you stick with what you recently bought, GM as well as all the other manufacturer know your habbits better than you do.

If I would buy a new truck I would focus on the material (real leather) instead of one of the shiny toys no one really needs anyways. Unfortunately I guess I would have to pay for stuff I don't need nor want -

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

2014 all terrain here with 32k miles.

have any of you had the dealer replace the seat?

i noticed mine around 28k miles...now looks like the OP seats...

and yes i have been very careful since day one getting in and out. im 200lbs and i think it has a lot to do with just weight being on the seat while driving also...

even the shitty leather in my piss poor camaro build has held up longer.

I'm taking my truck in Wednesday for my seat tearing problem. I've also noticed lately that when I lightly push down on the top of that section, that the foam is splitting under the material. What a shame that GM chooses to use such inferior materials.

I'm taking my truck in Wednesday for my seat tearing problem. I've also noticed lately that when I lightly push down on the top of that section, that the foam is splitting under the material. What a shame that GM chooses to use such inferior materials.

It's back to designing a vehicle to last 3 years philosophy, it seems. The only problem is that its price reflects a 30 year design life.

Archived