XM Shark Fin Cover Replacement

I would imagine it is held on by double sided tape. So you could use a fishing line to cut it off. I put a shark fin on my Cruze. Looks way better than the antenna and the reception is the same. It attached with double sided tape.

I would imagine it is held on by double sided tape. So you could use a fishing line to cut it off. I put a shark fin on my Cruze. Looks way better than the antenna and the reception is the same. It attached with double sided tape.

I had a 2014 Silverado that had a leaky headliner and the dealer said the XM receiver was the source. They had to drop the headliner and put some sealant in there.

I now drive a 2015 and want to be very careful about doing this to not introduce a leaky cab like the 2014 had without modifications.

As per GM/Chev don't pull it off see below bulletin on how to paint it from them:

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=4683

All that says is to not remove the cover from the antenna. You can remove the antenna.

There are 2 small nuts under the headliner I believe. You have to drop the front of the headliner and then you can reach in there to loosen the nuts.

Archived