2014 Silverado Crew Cab - 6 inch lift, best options

I really do not want to cheap out on my lift. The more I read on the RC lifts I see more bad than good reviews. I am really thinking about that BDS with fox shocks. It sounds like a strut lift will be a better ride Than a strut spacer lift from what I am reading?

I am going to ask the shop if they can install a different lift other than RC.

Anybody running a 6 inch BDS lift and clearing 35's on a 20x10 rim with -24 offset?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the look of you guys lifted trucks. My issue with wanting a new one to lift to get that look is that you really need to re-gear for a 35 inch tire and by the time you add all of this you can nearly buy a 2500. They sit higher and can be leveled easliy although they don't ride great. They do tow wicked strong and not as subject to power loss with the tires.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Something to keep in mind is the headache of loading and unloading toys if you never owned a lifted truck before. I haul ATV's and snowmobiles a lot and would never go 6 inch lift-let alone 7.5-9. Getting up and down out of the box and getting longer ramps due to the truck being higher is something you have to look into it.

I've run rough country in the past and I would never buy another lift again from them. The ride quality isn't as good as other brands in my opinion. You pay for what you get! That is the honest truth when buying lifts.

I now have the 4.5 inch zone lift which I love. The ride quality didnt suffer at all. Rides like stock! I run 35s on the stock rim with no rubbing.

That being said, I would never go more then my 4.5 since you haul a lot of toys like I do. Just my .02 cents.

Here is a couple pictures of mine.

Best looking stance I have seen yet. Good job!!! And yes, Ive had a 6" and 3" lift in the past, and can agree, something in between is just right!

Mike

You don't need to regear after a lift. I mean I am not saying larger tires don't ultimately change you final drive ratio but I have 3:42 in mine and I can light up the 35" tires. The truck runs and drives the same as always.

I love the look of you guys lifted trucks. My issue with wanting a new one to lift to get that look is that you really need to re-gear for a 35 inch tire and by the time you add all of this you can nearly buy a 2500. They sit higher and can be leveled easliy although they don't ride great. They do tow wicked strong and not as subject to power loss with the tires.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You don't need to regear after a lift. I mean I am not saying larger tires don't ultimately change you final drive ratio but I have 3:42 in mine and I can light up the 35" tires. The truck runs and drives the same as always.

I am also running my stock 3:42 gears with 35s and there isnt a problem. Not the best gas mileage, however I can light them up like GoOrdnance said. So the truck is definitely not struggling.

Why is it that every person I ask I get a different answer. I emailed BDS about their 6 inch lift with my rims and this is what he replied with.

Thank you for choosing BDS Suspension Systems. The BDS 6" lift could clear the 35" tires on a 20X9 wheel with 5.75" backspacing, but the 4.5" backspacing on a 20X10 wheel would not be recommended. The use of the wider wheel with less backspacing causes excessive strain on the front end components. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I just went with a 6.5" Ready Lift (PN: 44-3355) and upgraded to Fox 2.5 Factory Series Coilover Reservoir (PN: FOX880-02-525) up from and Fox 2.5 Factory Series Reservoir (PN: FOX883-24-003), I also went with Fuel Trophy D552 (18x10) wrapped in 35" BFG AT KO2's. The ride is now better than before I lifted her. I went with a shop in Gilbert, AZ (XTC Motorsports) who is know for doing amazing work. I'm currently out of state for work but can upload some pics when i get back home.

I have been looking at the readylift 6.5. What type of prices did you come across, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

I have been looking at the readylift 6.5. What type of prices did you come across, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

I don't have access to my receipts right now but I believe it was around $1650 for the lift and then for the upgraded fox shocks it was $1700 for the front 2.5 factory coilovers and like $200 to upgrade the rear to fox 2.5 factory reservoirs. The shocks were expensive as shit but well worth it for the ride, my truck now drives better lifted than it did stock.

I got my 14 Sierra 6inch fab tech installed at the dealer for $2,900. That might seem pricy but the dealer told me that they would still carry my warranty on it and the lift. I love the ride, not far off of stock but you're not gonna love the mpgs probably. My buddy got the BDS 6inch on his 14 Silverado and he loads a dirt bike in and out of the back no problem. As the power issue due to regearing, I can burn my 35s no problem. Yeah it's gonna be slower a little but I mean what do you expect jacking it up so far into the sky. 849fa3e5070479341d16982bbf1133ad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have access to my receipts right now but I believe it was around $1650 for the lift and then for the upgraded fox shocks it was $1700 for the front 2.5 factory coilovers and like $200 to upgrade the rear to fox 2.5 factory reservoirs. The shocks were expensive as shit but well worth it for the ride, my truck now drives better lifted than it did stock.

Thanks. I was looking at the prices on the shocks. As for the lift, it was bds or readylift. I like the way readylift is setup, but didn't know many people with the new setup. Have you've taking it 4 wheeling yet? Thanks

I'm also running the BDS 6" but not the setup with the fox shocks. I swear it's the same or better than it was stock from the dealership. I'm running 35's wrapped over 17" MT Sidebiters. I love the set up. I believe Rims, Tires, Lift, installation and the GM calibration tool ran me about $5500.

Why is it that every person I ask I get a different answer. I emailed BDS about their 6 inch lift with my rims and this is what he replied with.

Thank you for choosing BDS Suspension Systems. The BDS 6" lift could clear the 35" tires on a 20X9 wheel with 5.75" backspacing, but the 4.5" backspacing on a 20X10 wheel would not be recommended. The use of the wider wheel with less backspacing causes excessive strain on the front end components. Please let me know if you need anything else.

I run a BDS 6" kit with Fox shocks with 20x9 with 4.5" backspacing and 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson ATZ3's. Did not have to cut or trim anything and rides just as good as stock. I did remove the plastic air dam from the bottom of the bumper. No regrets on the lift.

Thanks. I was looking at the prices on the shocks. As for the lift, it was bds or readylift. I like the way readylift is setup, but didn't know many people with the new setup. Have you've taking it 4 wheeling yet? Thanks

Haven't taken it off road yet because I had to leave the state for work before I got the chance but I have deer and elk hunts coming up where I'll finally get to take her off road and see how everything handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Archived