4" lift ( Rancho / Cognito ) or leveling kit

2015 2500HD Diesel crew.

I would like to lift my truck a little for better stance. I am not going to do any crazy off roading.

My first thought was a 4" lift and 35", but also considering a leveling kit and 33" ( just so save a little money )

I am all about a comfort drive, so for sure keep the drive quality or even improve it.

I looked into the Rancho and the Cognito. Rancho 4" is about $3200 installed and cognito 4" - 6" is $5000 installed, which I find a little to steep for my pocket.

Is the Cognito really that much better ? The store that are selling the Cognito did not even have Rancho for my truck. They do not want to sell Rancho as they think the quality is not that good.. same story about BDS and FabTech... only cognito for a 2500.

Other options is a leveling kit, runs about $1700 installed... here I think I would rather spend a little more and get the Rancho 4" for $3200.

I do not want to go to 6"

Any thoughts ?

The rancho is a great kit but if you don't want 6" it might not be the one for you. It is very close to a 6" lift if you get it close to level. Personally for a true 4" I would go BDS. I don't have either but have done a lot of looking into the 4" kits.

The rancho is a great kit but if you don't want 6" it might not be the one for you. It is very close to a 6" lift if you get it close to level. Personally for a true 4" I would go BDS. I don't have either but have done a lot of looking into the 4" kits.

Rancho has a 4" and a 6" right.. dont know why mean by " It is very close to a 6""

Rancho has a 4" and a 6" right.. dont know why mean by " It is very close to a 6""

The rancho 4" nets close to 6" of lift if you take the rake out of it.

Edit. Here is a link

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-performance-parts-discussion/149674-4-rancho-lift-35s.html#/forumsite/20663/topics/149674

I was also told that with the cognito leveling kit, $1800, I can run 34"

I dont want to spend 5000 for a cognito 4" kit :(

Understood, the cognito 4" is a good kit though. I am running over 34" tires with just the bars turned up 2" on the factor wheels. I plan on putting the cognito uca's on when it is time for new shocks. Offset of the wheel is the thing to watch

2015 2500HD Diesel crew.

I would like to lift my truck a little for better stance. I am not going to do any crazy off roading.

My first thought was a 4" lift and 35", but also considering a leveling kit and 33" ( just so save a little money )

I am all about a comfort drive, so for sure keep the drive quality or even improve it.

I looked into the Rancho and the Cognito. Rancho 4" is about $3200 installed and cognito 4" - 6" is $5000 installed, which I find a little to steep for my pocket.

Is the Cognito really that much better ? The store that are selling the Cognito did not even have Rancho for my truck. They do not want to sell Rancho as they think the quality is not that good.. same story about BDS and FabTech... only cognito for a 2500.

Other options is a leveling kit, runs about $1700 installed... here I think I would rather spend a little more and get the Rancho 4" for $3200.

I do not want to go to 6"

Any thoughts ?

What size tires do you want to run?

Rancho 4in. lifts yields 5.5in of actual lift vs the Cognito making 3.75in of lift.

I am going to use a Cognito leveling kit and 275/65/20's on my next truck.

What size tires do you want to run?

Rancho 4in. lifts yields 5.5in of actual lift vs the Cognito making 3.75in of lift.

I am going to use a Cognito leveling kit and 275/65/20's on my next truck.

That is 34.1" if I am not mistaken. Which is a nice size.. when are you gonna have it done ? would like to see a pic

That is 34.1" if I am not mistaken. Which is a nice size.. when are you gonna have it done ? would like to see a pic

Check out these two threads for ideas and pictures.

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-up-non-powertrain/430682-2015-picture-thread-80.html#/forumsite/20663/topics/430682?page=151

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-up-non-powertrain/430682-2015-picture-thread-80.html#/forumsite/20663/topics/492778

I would use the stock keys and turn them up all the way up or close to (one ends up being all the way as it is hard to get the sides the same height), install Suspension maxx differential spacers, Cognito A-arms with Spicer ball joints, Fox shocks with front spacers, Fox steering shock, Cognito pitman and idler support kit. This will save a ton of money and work over installing a lift and will get you close to being leveled while still looking and riding great.

I have not ordered a new truck yet, waiting to see the new '16's but I would guess I will order a '16 3500 Danali.

The 275/65/20's are the best fitting tire as they are not to wide or tall for the stock wheels, if you go aftermarket (wide) wheels or lifted that changes everything, it is so nice to spend a day (not cutting the sub frame with a torch!) Installing a proper leveling kit that will not need touched for 150,000 miles and a tall set of tires and just driving but I know some want the whole lift wheels and tires but that is a lot of work and money.

The Rancho kit is great, as long as you're okay with it being a 5"+ lift. If you want to run 35's you will need it, depending on wheel offset. Withi've got 35x12.5 Toyo MT's on 0 offset 20x9 BMF REPR's. I still get a tiny bit of rubbing on the front bumper, it's not bad enough to make me shim the bumper forward though.

The ride quality is awesome, truly as good or better than stock. The truck rode like a tank when I had it levelled.

The NTSB raises the torsion bars up so it's the nicest looking lift IMHO.. And it doesn't make the front track width wider than stock, either.

i bought it in July. Not sure what deals are out there now but when I bought it, the kit could be bought for $1960 online without shocks. The RS9000X's were around $100 each, and there was a $500 mail-in rebate.

I was worried about quality issues but I'm very pleased.. Much better results than I got with a much more expensive and highly touted 3" Carli system I had put on my 2012 Ram 3500.

I just bought a 2015 2500 HD. I was told I could install a 3" torsion bar lift in the front and 1 1/2 " blocks in the back and clear 35" tires. Do you all think that is possible and do you have any experiences changing out the torsion keys ? That's way cheaper then a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just bought a 2015 2500 HD. I was told I could install a 3" torsion bar lift in the front and 1 1/2 " blocks in the back and clear 35" tires. Do you all think that is possible and do you have any experiences changing out the torsion keys ? That's way cheaper then a lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get 2 1/2in. of lift out of the front, that will make it 1/2in. lower then the rear, why do you want the rear to be even higher?

No reason to install keys unless the stock keys cranked all the way won't get toy the lift you need.

Crank the left bolt all the way and crank the right bolt to gain the same amount of lift, install shock spacers, IF you still want more lift then install Cognito upper control arms and keys.

Check out Norcal trucks website for leveling kits.

After 2 1/2in. of lift the ride will suck and you will be way over cranked.

35's will fit just fine with a leveling kit, they will very lightly rub when at full lock in reverse which is no big deal.

Tons of pictures on duramax forum.

Archived