2009 duramax 2500 tires?!

Hey every one I just bought my self a 2009 gmc sierra slt ext cab 2500 6.6 duramax/allison black.

It has factory tires on aftermarket 17" mayhem rims. I really like them so I Wana keep em.

The tires that are on it are surprisingly enough, one of my favorite tires. The goodyear wrangler duratracs.

I currently have a 08 chevy 1500 that I did a level kit on.

The 2.25" ready lift and ran steel 17s with 285/70/17s.

I Wana do a level kit on the 2500 truck as well and run a 33 inch tire like I did for my 08.

Few questions.

What would the tire size be for the 33s for the 2500? The same at the 08?

How hard if at all any is it to "adjust" the new keys for the level kit. It's torsion keys and I don't know if it's 2.25" or 2.5" yet. Haven't gotten measurements as I pick her up this wed.

Will post pictures if any ones interested.

Thanks in advance every! :):D

• 1 month later...

The only difference between a 1500 and 25-3500 tire is the 1500's are usually a 6-8 ply where as the 25-3500's use a 10 ply. A 285/70/17 as you already know is the size you'll want. Take some measurements when you get the truck and then crank your torsion bars. Just jack up the front end and follow the torsion bars back to the cross member they are connected to. There should be a metal key way with a bolt, just tighten the bolt and it will raise the front. You should be able to get 2" out of the factory keys. Post some pics once you get her home!

Archived