What Issues do you have?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thanks. I was just genuinely interested in the specific issues the suit is geared towards since it wasn't that clear. I applaud you desire to help not only yourself but others in the process. I know how time consuming things like this can be, on top of how frustrated you must already be. Vehicles are purchased to make our lives easier, but the other way around. I truly feel bad for the folks who are basically being robbed of the fun experience purchasing a new truck should be. I'd be devastated and beside myself if I were dealing with the same. I've got a 1 1/2 year old and another one on the way and would be losing my mind if I had to spend time on this instead of enjoying my truck. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was just genuinely interested in the specific issues the suit is geared towards since it wasn't that clear. I applaud you desire to help not only yourself but others in the process. I know how time consuming things like this can be, on top of how frustrated you must already be. Vehicles are purchased to make our lives easier, but the other way around. I truly feel bad for the folks who are basically being robbed of the fun experience purchasing a new truck should be. I'd be devastated and beside myself if I were dealing with the same. I've got a 1 1/2 year old and another one on the way and would be losing my mind if I had to spend time on this instead of enjoying my truck. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

absolutely, glad someone asked if they felt it wasn't clear. I guess I pretty much assumed anyone who had the issues would know what it was about, but thanks again for asking.

My 2015 silverado z71 4wd 5.3L has 2200 miles and it has major hesitation speeding up from 45mph to 65mph. Once it finally downshifts to 5th or 4th gear it will get up to speed. When it goes back into 6th it will make a loud clunk sound you can hear and feel in the cabin. I am able to replicate this every time. Dealer wont take in for service till next week :mad::mad::mad::mad:

My 2015 silverado z71 4wd 5.3L has 2200 miles and it has major hesitation speeding up from 45mph to 65mph. Once it finally downshifts to 5th or 4th gear it will get up to speed. When it goes back into 6th it will make a loud clunk sound you can hear and feel in the cabin. I am able to replicate this every time. Dealer wont take in for service till next week :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thats rough, check out these other threads, alot of people here are very helpful.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-407

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/174374-2015-silverado-lt-vibrationshaking/page-6

• Like 1

I'll use myself as an example, My truck with all of its option, accessories, and extended warranty package is worth roughly $59,000

Good luck with getting everything settled. Not trying to be a dick here but your profile says your truck is an LT, how it is worth $59,000? High Country models aren't even listed as that much, at least when I was shopping.

Good luck with getting everything settled. Not trying to be a dick here but your profile says your truck is an LT, how it is worth $59,000? High Country models aren't even listed as that much, at least when I was shopping.

Yes it is an LT, but it has leather, the 8" nav, upgraded 18" stock rims with what are supposed to be A/T tires, and it has over $12,000 in other GM factory accessories and a GM 7yr bumper to bumper warranty at a cost of approximately $4,000

Edited by Jesse D

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in this link. My 2014 Sierra just had the transmission fall apart at 113,000 highway miles. It needs to be completely replaced. I was sitting at a stop light and went to go and the transmission wouldn't engage. The transmission never worked right to begin with, always shifted hard and every time I reported it to the dealer they could find nothing wrong with it. Not very happy with GMC right now.

Interested in this link. My 2014 Sierra just had the transmission fall apart at 113,000 highway miles. It needs to be completely replaced. I was sitting at a stop light and went to go and the transmission wouldn't engage. The transmission never worked right to begin with, always shifted hard and every time I reported it to the dealer they could find nothing wrong with it. Not very happy with GMC right now.

113,000 miles in a year?

• Like 1

Did you change the fluid on that tranny at any point? I change it every 30k miles because GM is not know for long lasting transmissions. My 1992 model had to be rebuilt at 105k miles and my 2003 work truck had to be rebuilt at 124k miles.

This morning when leaving my driveway and accelerating quickly my trucks engine started screaming. In the course of what seemed like forever but was probably 15 to 20 seconds my RPM's maxed out, my Oil gauge maxed out and my trucks engine cut out. My truck did not shift gears and felt like it had stayed in first rather than shifting. After getting to my office I crawled under my truck checking for leaks, then under the hood to make sure the oil cap was tight, then checked the oil. The oil went a good 6 inches above the full mark. Silly new service guy is going to learn I am not the typical female as my husband has tried to explain to him way to often.

After the RPM's came back down so did the Oil gauge just as quickly and my truck allowed me to drive off as if nothing happened. Late morning as I was going out to travel for my job I had to accelerate quickly and my oil gauge went to 70 out of a possible 80. At a complete stop it dropped to 30.

Last week, My transfer case module was reset (bulletin) my radio was reset (bulletin) and my oil was changed and tires rotated. My complaint was that my truck was hopping as if it was in four wheel drive, my gas mileage was lower than normal and my tires were showing major wear at 19,000 miles. Evidently my truck was slipping in to 4x4 by itself or that is what the bulletin was about which would have caused tire wear, but no remedy for my tires. Radio still skips, freezes and basically does what it wants most days. Oh yes and is my shimmy slash vibration gone...... I think NOT, now I just can't drive it like I stole it or like it is a truck!

I called the dealership who I have done business with for over 15 years and they were going to get me in NEXT Wednesday???????? I told the service department to make sure they took note of the fact that I would not be held responsible for a blown motor as I was not going to be driving my truck like a sissy girl. I was NOT going to roll onto the interstate rather than accelerate, nor was I going to sit at intersections all day and wait until every car had gone by so that I did not have to pull out quickly. For some reason they are willing to see me tomorrow after I see my clients in their town??? hummmm very curious as to that one, hahahahahaha.

I love my Chevy, I will stay with a Chevy but this 2014 compared to my 2010 Silverado that I gave to my husband has seemed slow, skippy and out of wack since I picked it up January 9, 2015

I feel for all of you. I wish EVERYONE good luck.