What Issues do you have?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ever since I bought my 2016 GMC Sierra new the engine has vibrated has feels like it's missing or something. The rpms move just slightly but it's annoying to have a new truck and it's bouncing all over the place. The transmission, that thing will take a second to go into gear going out of my driveway sometime, shoots forward when putting it into park or taking it out sometimes, and shift oddly when braking. My radio cuts out once in a while so that's not really and issue since it's rare but I did just get an update since my screen wouldn't turn on. To top all of that off, when I picked my truck up the roof had 9 big dents in it and a chip out of the drivers door. I've had a hell of a time for my first GMC but I love my truck, it's great otherwise.

My new Z71 has the vibe problem. Been to the dealer once, and scheduled for visit #2.

Reading this thread, I'm not real encouraged :fume:

I've owned my truck for 5 months as of sept 27th. The dealer has had it 56 days with still no fix in site. I put more miles on the loaners than I have my own truck.

I've owned my truck for 5 months as of sept 27th. The dealer has had it 56 days with still no fix in site. I put more miles on the loaners than I have my own truck.

Ha!! More encouragement LOL. Best of luck to you... I'm still hope'n.

• 2 weeks later...

( Bad vibration problem )

I purchased a completely loaded 2016 sierra 4x4 double cab tax title extended warranty everything out the door was pretty close to $60,000 Now when I test drove the truck I instantly noticed a vibration on the freeway the salesman told me that it was just a simple flat spot in a tire from sitting in the lot sounded reasonable to me he said don't worry it would be 100% fixed ! Well my truck that I've only owned for six weeks has now been back and fourth four times and the last time being for 10 days and the dealer has now put three sets of brand-new tires on the truck and a tested other miscellaneous things and it still has the same vibration and they are now telling me they don't know what the problem is that I'm going to have to deal with it ! So as of right now I am searching lemon law lawyers ! So if I was you I would stay as far away from any GM product that you can !!!!!!!!!

You're just as likely to run into a problem that can't be fixed in any other make and model. Go visit the other truck forums out there you'll see that Dodge, Ford, Toyota, Nissan.. all suck in their own ways.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jesse,

I’m seeing similar issues on these trucks and am interested in a class action lawsuit. It seems like we won’t receive a ton of money (well apparently the person that heads the suit does), but I’d like faulty manufacturers to be held responsible. I’m sick and tired of buying products that simply do not work, or worse in some cases. Do you know where I can get more info. I’ve found some good sites (https://www.cooper-firm.com), but I’m looking for more, and what kind of compensation we can receive. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I am not. I wish I could have helped more people, but I did manage to get mine taken care of. I wish you all the best with your trucks.

When you say "taken care of "do you mean fixed or replaced? I'd love to know what the issue was if fixed. I've had my 2017 Sierra 2500 for 10 days and already had three new tires put on it. Now this issue isn't new to me as I traded my silverado 1500 that had the same issues. Didn't notice the issue on the test drive. Wish I had found this site earlier

Hi Jesse,

I’m seeing similar issues on these trucks and am interested in a class action lawsuit. It seems like we won’t receive a ton of money (well apparently the person that heads the suit does), but I’d like faulty manufacturers to be held responsible. I’m sick and tired of buying products that simply do not work, or worse in some cases. Do you know where I can get more info. I’ve found some good sites (https://www.cooper-firm.com), but I’m looking for more, and what kind of compensation we can receive. Thanks in advance.

When you say "taken care of "do you mean fixed or replaced? I'd love to know what the issue was if fixed. I've had my 2017 Sierra 2500 for 10 days and already had three new tires put on it. Now this issue isn't new to me as I traded my silverado 1500 that had the same issues. Didn't notice the issue on the test drive. Wish I had found this site earlier

sorry guys, due to a non disclosure I can't advise anyone on what to do. If you haven't seen the main thread yet, check it out its, 757 pages long. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/153186-shake-or-vibration-issues/page-757

• 1 year later...

2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT.

TRANSMISSION Shudders, clunks, misses gears,  can't locate proper gear.  33k miles.....

Radio sucks

Strange vibration on certain turns (like a mild rumble strip encounter)