What kind of deals did you get on the Colorado/Canyon

Great little trucks but both of you guys are correct, they are over priced. If I can walk into a dealership and get $10-15k off a 1500 why would I purchase the mid size truck? In some cases you can purchase a loaded out LTZ for less than a loaded Colorado Canyon.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

True.....

I personally don't want a HUGE sized truck. For me....a fullsize is too damn big to drive around town, maneuver in parking lots, and I can't squeeze it into my garage. I had a Dodge Ram for 3 years and I couldn't wait to get out of it. Nice truck....just not 'fun' to take it anywhere involving tight areas.

I don't need the V8 nor the larger towing capacity anymore like I did when I had the Ram......

I'm glad they can outfit the Canyon with all the goodies (or almost) as the fullsize. The decisions aren't always based on what you can get for the money.

• Like 2

True.....

I personally don't want a HUGE sized truck. For me....a fullsize is too damn big to drive around town, maneuver in parking lots, and I can't squeeze it into my garage. I had a Dodge Ram for 3 years and I couldn't wait to get out of it. Nice truck....just not 'fun' to take it anywhere involving tight areas.

I don't need the V8 nor the larger towing capacity anymore like I did when I had the Ram......

I'm glad they can outfit the Canyon with all the goodies (or almost) as the fullsize. The decisions aren't always based on what you can get for the money.

I gotta agree. Especially for people that live in city or suburbs. You really don't need that large of a truck... The canyon/colorados are amazing as far as every day drivers. So smooth, handle fantastic and easy to park. It's funny because in almost every country a colorado, tacoma or frontier is just considered a truck...it's only in the US that we think we need something that large.

I'm a contractor and the canyon meets my needs 95% of the time, and when its size doesn't, I can use a bed extender. This while enjoying the driveability of these canyons is fantastic.

If size is the biggest determining factor for price then a ferrari should be less expensive then a huge buick sedan...

Edited by fluffytheo

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd update this....bought the truck about 2 weeks ago - around month end. I have no idea what the rebates or discounts were called. They applied them to make the sale. We negotiated $500 more on the trade for a total of $12,700. This was a cash sale - no financing involved. Canyon crew cab short box SLT.

MSRP: $41,160

Discount: $1634

Trade: $12,000 + $500 = $12,700

Rebate: $2000

Edited by Janster

They better be some darn good incentives.

I was getting the hitch replaced on my Silverado yesterday and they had a Duramax Colorado in the show room. I couldn't make out the sticker to read all the particulars because of the tint, but I could make out the price. I even asked to verify. 45 and change!! Are you kidding me! She (rep) even said how ridiculous it's priced. Same truck with the V6 is 35. 10 grand for the diesel option! That is ridiculous. It was an LT, and I'm sure it had some bells and whistles, but holy cow how do they justify that. So like I said, you better get some good incentives if you're looking at the diesel.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the actual cost of the diesel is $4500. That duramax must have had more options than just the diesel upgrade.

I don't think it is the sticker price that hurts the Colorado right now. I think it is that the full sized trucks always have huge discounts. A $45k Sierra actually costs around 37-38k OTD, but a $45k Colorado seems to stick around the asking price. It is a no-brainer which is a better value, unless of course you need the size of the Colorado.

Luckily, I live in a rural area where a 3500 Dually could get around just about everywhere haha.

• 2 months later...

$27K for a fully loaded 2016 Canyon All Terrain

This post can be taken as one part brag and one part informative.
I debated posting this story but if it inspires a yearning customer to purchase, I think we can call it even.

I spend the last year and a half shopping/wishing upon a star for a "too good to pass up" deal on a GMC Canyon, Crew Cab, Short Box 4X4, All Terrain Model. I figured I just might be able to get a used 2015 vehicle at just about $30k USD. I even promised, that if I found one for all-in at $30k I'd buy on the spot.

I live in California so the sales tax here is just.... ugh. I did come across a few used trucks with decent packages that were selling for around $30k but they didn't come with bed liners and had about 30 thousand miles on them. Add sales tax on that and we're back up to mid-thirties for one of the twins. I mean the Sierra just had a Holiday coupon for $10,000 off MSRP. I couldn't justify the spend.... until...

I found a used All Terrain model across the border. 13 thousand kilometers (8,000 miles). This was a fully loaded truck. Bose, bed liner, side steps, cargo racks, All Terrain Adventure Package, tonneau cover.... the list goes on and on. Beautiful truck. Now let's talk about that exchange rate. 2 months ago the Canadian dollar was worth $0.70 USD. That's 30%. (today its $0.79). I won't go into details but I bought this beauty for all-in just over $27K USD. I contacted GM and acquired a letter of compliance so it could be taken across the border and had a local service center put a passenger airbag indicator light in for $100. Border patrol whistled when I drove by.

I'm adding a front license plate bracket and hood reflector this weekend. I'll post some more pics soon. Anybody have questions or recommendations for accessories? Where in Los Angeles can I find some great customizations for a silver truck?

Oh, p.s. this is a cool comic book that has a 2015 Canyon in it.
Shake The Lake - Alternative Graphic Novels, Indie Comic Book13412033_10154219450303665_5258189877327

• Like 3

It's going to take awhile, the markets not saturated like with 1/2 tons. With the ranger coming back and the redesign with other brands better discounts are a few years down the road. When that happens I'll buy one myself.

$27K for a fully loaded 2016 Canyon All Terrain

This post can be taken as one part brag and one part informative.

I debated posting this story but if it inspires a yearning customer to purchase, I think we can call it even.

I spend the last year and a half shopping/wishing upon a star for a "too good to pass up" deal on a GMC Canyon, Crew Cab, Short Box 4X4, All Terrain Model. I figured I just might be able to get a used 2015 vehicle at just about $30k USD. I even promised, that if I found one for all-in at $30k I'd buy on the spot.

I live in California so the sales tax here is just.... ugh. I did come across a few used trucks with decent packages that were selling for around $30k but they didn't come with bed liners and had about 30 thousand miles on them. Add sales tax on that and we're back up to mid-thirties for one of the twins. I mean the Sierra just had a Holiday coupon for $10,000 off MSRP. I couldn't justify the spend.... until...

I found a used All Terrain model across the border. 13 thousand kilometers (8,000 miles). This was a fully loaded truck. Bose, bed liner, side steps, cargo racks, All Terrain Adventure Package, tonneau cover.... the list goes on and on. Beautiful truck. Now let's talk about that exchange rate. 2 months ago the Canadian dollar was worth $0.70 USD. That's 30%. (today its $0.79). I won't go into details but I bought this beauty for all-in just over $27K USD. I contacted GM and acquired a letter of compliance so it could be taken across the border and had a local service center put a passenger airbag indicator light in for $100. Border patrol whistled when I drove by.

I'm adding a front license plate bracket and hood reflector this weekend. I'll post some more pics soon. Anybody have questions or recommendations for accessories? Where in Los Angeles can I find some great customizations for a silver truck?

Oh, p.s. this is a cool comic book that has a 2015 Canyon in it.

Shake The Lake - Alternative Graphic Novels, Indie Comic Book13412033_10154219450303665_5258189877327

Hi Z,

Cool truck! I sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thanks!

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up my 2016 Colorado Trail Boss 4x4 Duramax over the weekend. The dealership went $500 below invoice, but still an expensive truck. Fortunately, I sold my '14 Silverado for only $10K under what I bought it for 3 years ago, so it didn't hurt too bad. It's a great little truck though, and Duramax is strong.

• Like 1

I dunno man the mid size truck is nice but, seems overpriced to me... I see wanting something that's easier to park and fitting in the garage is a must have but, those of you who say it's hard to park it, where the heck are you parking? I have parked my Silverado in parking garages and city streets and I've never thought it was hard to park.

• 4 months later...

I originally wanted the baby duramax in the '16 Colorado...dealer wouldn't budge from sticker of $39k and change...ended up with a '16 denali for $3k more. Crazy. Guy acted like I slapped his mother when i asked if sticker was the best he could do...I got up and walked out.

Honestly, I think the full size trucks ride much better. The Colorado felt so stiff.