Does your front Cooled Seat option cool the seat back ?

My base seat gets ice cold quick ... but the seat back can hold the the heat from sitting in the sun for ... too long ... for me,, never really gets cold like the bootom half. Not the end of the world ... just inquiring.

Mine has 2 different buttons which controls each, yours are both lit up I assume?

https://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&loc=en_US&id=294601&part=2

When my Seat is AC is on I just get 1,2,or 3 lite lights to chose the fan speed only, and when Heated Seat is on I can chose "Seat Bottom" or "Seat Bottom & Seat Back" plus the 3 lights for Hi-Med- & Lo ...

I am pretty sure they are all like this. My truck is the same way, when it it hot out side and im talking 95*f+ my but MIGHT get cool but will never get "cold". The back portion of the cooled seats will keep my back from sweating but will not keep it cool like the bottom sections. I have driven mine and two other loaner vehicles that had the cooling seat option and they functioned the same way.

These seats are not tied into the a/c system, they are just ventilated seats. When it is not too hot outside my seats will def get nice and cool but when it's hot they will just keep the seats cool enough for my back not to sweat.

I am pretty sure they are all like this. My truck is the same way, when it it hot out side and im talking 95*f+ my but MIGHT get cool but will never get "cold". The back portion of the cooled seats will keep my back from sweating but will not keep it cool like the bottom sections. I have driven mine and two other loaner vehicles that had the cooling seat option and they functioned the same way.

These seats are not tied into the a/c system, they are just ventilated seats. When it is not too hot outside my seats will def get nice and cool but when it's hot they will just keep the seats cool enough for my back not to sweat.

Mine actually get pretty cool (even when 90+ outside), it just takes them forever.

I disagree. I debunked that theory by turning my A/C off and my seats still get incredibly cool. Some may work better than others but it isn't just circulating cold air from the A/C system.

As long as you have a/c coming out of the rear floor vents they'll get decently cool. They're not air conditioned but still not bad.

My seats only get cold when the AC's running. At least that's when I feel they're cooling. It gets pretty hot in NorCal, usually 95-105, and I won't feel the seats at all if it's not really cool in the cabin.

With my Dash AC alway on - and my Seat AC with the Seat AC on low after awhile gets too cold,

BUT

With my Dash AC on and the Seat AC off it nevers gets cold ... maybe slighly cooler at best

and again my seat BACK gets about 1/4 as cool as my seat base ... when Seat AC is on

Will the Seat AC work with the Dash/Floor Heat on ? vs Dash AC that we use in the summer ?

Seats are cooled by a Peltier device.

Mine get cold enough that I have to reduce the amount of seat cooling. (yes, it takes a while)

Here's how Peltier devices work:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling

Archived