Interior piping

Soo I did the "75 cent" mod today. I searched for a topic on this but looks like I was the first. You can order this stuff off eBay and it will slide into most spaces in the truck. READ, the back doors were a little tighter than the front. The piping will slide into the front door space like a bad first date. But the back is where you test your patience. I used a small flat screwdriver and VERY CAREFULLY slid it between the plastic and leather type material and it allowed me to get it started for the most part. I also used the end of a lotion bottle before hand to kinda help separate it a bit more. Be careful cause if you slip with the screw driver you'll dig into the plastic, the leather will deform but once you get it in it will form back to original. It gives it a little more detail to the interior18e5d8e8d08712212c99f30408e4d00a.jpgbbca165f78d6182a3d76a88180da6a3d.jpge215be5fd4a2f57f9fc5125a08103ae6.jpg1d16c1222d8049912cfa8a345b6d6222.jpga3b9f6c1a9e8e45e14060e612948fffd.jpg63e8d5e00cc56e45ce16e85d55f1bc68.jpg98281ee6f010edfcb4d1688248426dcc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

Cool mod... I might try that with silver piping. I must say I'm jealous of the brass pair you've got that let's you post pictures of your Mary Kay products on a truck forum.

Lmao whatever works I always say! I'll get you a link

• Like 3

Got a link to where you purchased it? thanks

http://m.ebay.com/itm/BLUE-ROYAL-BLUE-VINYL-PVC-PIPING-WELT-WELTING-1-8-3mm-/360391140518?nav=SEARCH

Should take you there but you'll have to search for more of the color you're looking for. They should send samples if you ask

• Like 1

I'm not gonna lie.. what a bad azz mod!!! It's just one of those things where I say why didn't I think of that. Really sets the interior apart. Yeah liked stated above please post more pics of everything you did.. I can't wait to tell and show Mrs.silverado what im gonna do to her.. wink wink

• Like 3

Did you do the piping just on the doors? How much of the piping did it take? Looks good! Its the small details that set one apart!

I did the doors and console but I'm not sure how I feel about the console, will post a picture tomorrow. It takes a few feet but I ordered 8 yards which is 24 ft so I have plenty!

I'm not gonna lie.. what a bad azz mod!!! It's just one of those things where I say why didn't I think of that. Really sets the interior apart. Yeah liked stated above please post more pics of everything you did.. I can't wait to tell and show Mrs.silverado what im gonna do to her.. wink wink

Haha unless your doors are different the only part that's a hassle is the rear doors but it is possible

• Like 1

26577fb2e52da3cef86af05b545f1042.jpg

Here's the console. Only part that bothers me is where the two end meet, there is an ever so tiny space but it's hardly noticeable

No that I look at it I think I'll put some around the lever to open the console!

• Like 3

C'mon man, everyone knows you should put the seam at the back of the console, not right in the middle where your arm will lay on it! :idiot:

Just messin with ya, there's gotta be a seam somewhere. That looks amazing though! Never thought of that, but will definitely keep that trick under my hat....

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

• Like 1

C'mon man, everyone knows you should put the seam at the back of the console, not right in the middle where your arm will lay on it! :idiot:

Just messin with ya, there's gotta be a seam somewhere. That looks amazing though! Never thought of that, but will definitely keep that trick under my hat....

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Haha I'm just experimenting for now, you can go over board with this stuff!

If anybody wants to know if it will fit somewhere just take a picture and let me know. Will see after I'm done working if it will work. Be glad to help out. Also on the rear door (I couldn't due to it being a little greasy) I would put some kind of tape on the top so if you do slip with the flat screwdriver

• Like 1