Review: Air Lift RideControl Air Spring & WirelessOne System

Zane

Thanks. I have the front leveled so nothing on the rear so I don't think I'll have any issues.

I'll have to take a look at the 5000 series since you can run it with no air if needed.

I found mine on Amazon for a great price. I would look there if you decide to pull the trigger.

Exactly what I've been wondering

Matt,

I just put add a leafs on my truck after researching for awhile. The ride quality is great. I was skeptical but I love the way the truck feels with the add a leaf. Cheaper and more durable than a air bag and it's the right way to permanently raise the rear 1.5 inches. I bought the zone off road brand long AAL. I do have a camper shell and I imagine that 200lbs help smooth things out. I did bilstein 5100s also. Trust me if you are looking to lift the rear of your truck and add some payload capacity you won't be disappointed with this setup. post-131039-144244495858_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post-131039-144244495858_thumb.jpg

Matt,

I just put add a leafs on my truck after researching for awhile. The ride quality is great. I was skeptical but I love the way the truck feels with the add a leaf. Cheaper and more durable than a air bag and it's the right way to permanently raise the rear 1.5 inches. I bought the zone off road brand long AAL. I do have a camper shell and I imagine that 200lbs help smooth things out. I did bilstein 5100s also. Trust me if you are looking to lift the rear of your truck and add some payload capacity you won't be disappointed with this setup. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1442444955.776400.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, appreciate when guys give good follow ups.

I also have the canopy and am thinking of that route as well. The rear end is going to wait until spring for camping season.

I have the bilstein 5100 0-1" lift rear shocks sitting on my workbench and fronts on backorder...no not sure if the add a leaf will be just a little too much for that shock. What shocks are you running in the rear?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, appreciate when guys give good follow ups.

I also have the canopy and am thinking of that route as well. The rear end is going to wait until spring for camping season.

I have the bilstein 5100 0-1" lift rear shocks sitting on my workbench and fronts on backorder...no not sure if the add a leaf will be just a little too much for that shock. What shocks are you running in the rear?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I have the ones designed for the 3" lift and I think you will be fine with the shocks you have. Mine are almost too long. and I have a 3" block in the rear.

One other question on the airbag system.

Can you run a t-fitting to fill up both bags at the same time without using a compressor. If I go with the bags I won't get a compressor at first and want to just fill them up manually. Does AirLift provide/or have a t-fitting that acts as a check valve ? I've heard to not run a t-fitting because during corning it causes the air to transfer back and forth between bags which increases roll and sway.

I want to be able to use one schrader valve to fill up both bags equally.

One other question on the airbag system.

Can you run a t-fitting to fill up both bags at the same time without using a compressor. If I go with the bags I won't get a compressor at first and want to just fill them up manually. Does AirLift provide/or have a t-fitting that acts as a check valve ? I've heard to not run a t-fitting because during corning it causes the air to transfer back and forth between bags which increases roll and sway.

I want to be able to use one schrader valve to fill up both bags equally.

You answered your own question. Yes you can. It has been done numerous times. I have a friend on another forum that witnessed a wreck due to this. It was his friend in front of him and the camper started rocking around a curve. Ended up tipping over.

I ran mine back to the license plate and replaced my plate screws with the valves.

79E70FEF-FDDC-4496-980C-62EAEE1C2830_zps

My Ram 1500 has factory four-corner air ride. Best. ride. ever.  And auto-leveling or off-road heights at the touch of the button. I'm really surprised other manufacturers don't offer it. I'll never go back; 2019 on order now. 

Archived