2015 Silverado 1500- Temperature Gauge Stuck at 32 Degrees

Just my luck, Daiblo Tune and new exhaust and headlight (Sylvania) are the only mods. Did the diablo Tune screw with the outside temperature gauge? I only saw it after a long trip its 80 out now, and only have 2200 miles on the truck. I disconnected the battery and still no change. Ill try it out tomorrow but should I just put the stock tune in and take it to the dealer? Thanks

Yes, the Diablo tuner will reset it to 32 degrees (as will disconnecting the battery). Should change to normal after a short drive above 40 - 45 MPH. I actually saw mine start climbing after 15 minutes of driving at 45-50. This is normal.

• Like 1

I had the same problem but I think mine was from not driving it enough. I took it to the dealer and they said there was nothing wrong with it and that it worked perfectly. However they gave me a copy of this sheet before I left. I've found that freeway driving makes it reset a lot quicker. Since there's nowhere in my town that I can drive above 20mph non stop for 5 miles I just hit the highway and at 70mph it resets in about two miles. I don't get it but it works.

temp_reset.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Looks like it's happening to the Hypertech Max Energy  2.0 also.  Temp was fine before the time.  We'll see if it climbs up after a longer test drive.  I called them, said they never heard of it....time will tell 

I just got back from the test drive and it started working after about 10min of driving.  I think it's related to pulling the airbag/info fuse, thats the Onstar fuse for a 2016 Silverado. Must have the temp sensor running through it, my guess anyway.  Just has to reset. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, Tracks01 said:

I just got back from the test drive and it started working after about 10min of driving.  I think it's related to pulling the airbag/info fuse, thats the Onstar fuse for a 2016 Silverado. Must have the temp sensor running through it, my guess anyway.  Just has to reset. 

The outside temp sensor is in the front grill, has nothing to do with Onstar. Purely from either pulling the battery or from flashing the vehicle.

Could be, who knows. The fuse reads "info/airbag"..who knows what runs through the circuit without a diagram. And I'm very aware where the temp sensor is but that was irrelevant.

I wrote it up as normal on a reboot considering it happens every time. 

Thanks for your thoughts