Anyone try vled headlights in their sierra?

Anyone try these?

http://www.vleds.com/

Very curious, seems with projector style these may work really well. Really jealous the 16's are getting led bulbs as after renting an escalade with the led headlights it was amazing how much better the lighting is.

Would love to see some pictures and hear some reviews!

Lots of talk in this thread about LED lights in general. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/156233-halogen-led-headlight-bulb-upgrades/

Guys bought a bunch from xenon depot including myself (http://www.xenondepot.com/). While they are decent (rated at 2400 LM per bulb), I am not fully satisfied with the output so I am trialing some 3200 LM rated lights tomorrow night I got from a local dealer here who'll refund the next day if I don't like em.

I noticed Vleds have 4500 lumen rated 9006 platinums on their website, that's intense for sure. Those controllers are huge as well but probably needed for the output of thes. The smaller controllers in the xenon depot and the 360 brands I have are smaller and can fit in the housing, these will need to be mounted on the outside I think.

I've read a lot of threads about guys using vled fogs but haven't heard much of their headlights, looks like we'd have to use 9006 on their website?

I looked into them but decided on HIDs. IMO leds dont "throw" light as far as HID. HIDs were a pain to hook up, with all the new stuff the 14+ trucks need to run them.

I looked into them but decided on HIDs. IMO leds dont "throw" light as far as HID. HIDs were a pain to hook up, with all the new stuff the 14+ trucks need to run them.

That was my thought, if these are basically plug and play I would much rather go with them instead of wiring harnesses in.

Seriously thought and debated back and forth for about a month on getting the VLED headlights.

But in the end I went with some HIDs I got locally for the headlights and some LEDs off of Ebay for the fogs.

For what the VLEDs wouldve cost me(between $150-200)

I was able to get the HIDS($100 installed) and LEDs($28) for less.

Im very satisfied with the output, but more importantly for me was getting rid of that ugly stock yellow color.

Already got a few compliments in only a week of having the setup.

My only beef with HIDs is reliability. I get some guys have had no issues but then others have had horror stories when they have a blackout while driving at night.

LEDs are coming around for cost and they can for sure last longer if you get a decent brand.

2014 Sierras are a 9012 bulb correct?

Which VLED's would you go with??

I would assume the 9006, but there might be some slight trimming of a tab. By trimming I mean a 1/32" off or less.

But I've also read that you can use 9006 bulbs in 9012 socket without issue but can't put a 9012 into a 9006 socket.

I ordered the VLEDS LMZ 4500 lumens LED for my stock projectors. I currently have the VLEDS HID kit in it, but not happy with the output and I burned up the HD harness... :smash:

They are back ordered until the 16th, so not too long of a wait.

I would assume the 9006, but there might be some slight trimming of a tab. By trimming I mean a 1/32" off or less.

But I've also read that you can use 9006 bulbs in 9012 socket without issue but can't put a 9012 into a 9006 socket.

I just ordered a set of the 9012 LED's from Xenon Depot...we'll see how it goes.

Archived