2016 Yukon Denali ride issues

If next month, when the vehicle arrives, I take it for a test drive and feel this vibration - they'll just have to sell it to someone else.

Thoughts on this??

Your shaking and vibration question is a scaled down piece of another thread, but whether it’s what folks on this thread are referring to or not, any amount of shaking or vibration is a problem to me. These are real nice trucks but that changes if you get one that does this. I’ve heard only of a couple of folks on the SUV forum with the problem, able to do something about it. And with that, they still have some shaking or vibration. If you get the truck and there is shaking or vibration, you might do some things (tires, wheels, shocks, etc) over time to decrease it. But it’s more than likely to be there in some form throughout your time with the truck.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your shaking and vibration question is a scaled down piece of another thread, but whether it’s what folks on this thread are referring to or not, any amount of shaking or vibration is a problem to me. These are real nice trucks but that changes if you get one that does this. I’ve heard only of a couple of folks on the SUV forum with the problem, able to do something about it. And with that, they still have some shaking or vibration. If you get the truck and there is shaking or vibration, you might do some things (tires, wheels, shocks, etc) over time to decrease it. But it’s more than likely to be there in some form throughout your time with the truck.

Thanks for your reply.

Would you say that this problem plagues most all similar vehicles, or just a smaller percentage (those who are aggravated enough to post here)?

Would you say that this problem plagues most all similar vehicles, or just a smaller percentage (those who are aggravated enough to post here)?

The folks with problems that are posting are probably frustrated to where they could choke somebody, but I think they have valid points. Why else would they spend their quality time at a dealership with varying negative results. But if you run the numbers sold (just SUV) as compared to the number of people complaining on this forum (not counting views and subtracting the times the same person posted more than once), the numbers may be barely measurable. But if you are one with the problem, the measurable numbers are irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a new member to this forum and thought maybe someone(s) on this forum might be able to help.

I ordered a 2016 Yukon Denali short ($79,000 with accessories) but it has had problems that we noticed on our long drive home from the dealership. We drove 5 hours home on a Sunday otherwise we would have turned around to take it back to the dealership.

The Denali had a severe vibration throughout the entire vehicle with the steering shaking from 1 - 55 mph. The ride was hard as a rock, not firm but hard and there was a booming pounding sensation coming from the Denali whenever you went over a bump or expansion joint. At higher speeds it would what I would call drone or buffet.

I called the dealership and they came to take the vehicle and road force balanced the tires which took out 95% of the vibration issue. Thank god for that. They were also trying to diagnose the hard ride but in the end stated on the repair order that it was considered normal.

Has anyone on here been able to find a solution to the hard unsettled ride and the buffeting in these vehicles equipped with magnetic ride control?

I have owned Escalades and Denali all with 22 inch wheels/tires previous to this 2016 Denali.

*** Update: The owner of a local GM dealership drove the Denali today and stated to me that "this buffeting is not good" starts at around 60 mph on up, sounds like a rear window is open.

I just purchased a new 2016 with less than 200 miles on it last week and I'm experiencing the same thing! I have owned it 11 days and it's going back to the dealer first this issue first the third time tomorrow. Please reply if you have any helpful info ..

My email address is [email protected]

TYIA ..

Sorry typo .. that should say it's going back to the dealer for the same thing for the third time tomorrow!

• 5 months later...

This sounds bad, I just ordered a 2017 Yukon XL Denali, I hope these issues are fixed for 2017.

With that said, if any of you are in California, please PM me. I'm a lawyer here in California and get cars bought back under the lemon law. GM will pay my fees and you won't have to. It will be free to you.

DO NOT SUBMIT TO THEIR ARBITRATION its a joke.

-Elliott

I just ordered a Yukon XL Denali...

I'm a lawyer here in California and get cars bought back under the lemon law. GM will pay my fees and you won't have to. It will be free to you.

Yukon + XL + Denali = one of the worst perpetrators of shaking, vibration, pressure, and buffeting. Not trying to be funny, but hopefully your truck won't be the first one in California you get bought back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a brand new 2016 Denali V8, 4x4 it shakes like crazy at about 65mphs. I have been pulling my horse trailer (aluminum 3000lbs, horse is 1200lbs.) sometimes it feels like the front end is coming off of the road! I have been told these were not made to pull a horse trailer. I have been told by the dealer the front wheels had too much air! I have heard the wheels could be out of round. any advice? I am thinking of taking it back and getting a truck.

...brand new 2016 Denali V8, 4x4... it shakes like crazy at about 65mphs. I have been pulling my horse trailer (aluminum 3000lbs, horse is 1200lbs.)

Based on just the trailer and horse, the Gross Combination Weight Rating of your truck is at least 9800 lbs less than what the truck can handle. Unfortunately, there is more to the "shake" in some of these trucks. Too much air in the tires or tires being out of round is not the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked up a used (10k miles) 2016 Yukon Denali and have the same terrible vibration. The dealer just replaced the torque converter which reduced the vibration almost completely. There is still a low grade vibration/buffett around 40-60 mph. Any thoughts?

I also have moisture issues with all but the driver headlight, but I see there's a completely different thread on that.

Truly not that impressed and very frustrated considering the price tag!

• 2 weeks later...

Why do people read these forums and keep buying these trucks.

I'm in the process of sellong my 2016 Sierra, and my 82 day old Yukon has been at the dealer for 62 days.

Stop buying this Mexican made crap.

• 1 month later...

I would be curious to understand the actual numbers of vehicles plagued with this issue, verses the actual production of cars made. are we talking 2%, 10% 20%??? This would be a huge factor for us, and if we were to so happen to purchase one of these lemons, will GM honor a lemon law buy back, and replace with a vehicle that does not have these symptoms. GM this would be your cue to chime in, and give your loyal customers confidence, and peace of mind, and lets not forget, this bad media has to be hitting your bottom line. I know we are on the fence big time. We have been loyal FORD buyers for over 20 years, for the simple fact that my brother is a FORD Dealership mechanic, with that, gave us piece of mind, however, as the years have gone by, our FORDS have never given us any problems, especially my 2002 FORD F250 SUPER CREW 7.3. i still own this truck, and honestly, I will never sell it for the simple fact that it is a german tank, and as reliable as a timex watch. The only reason we are jumping ship is because we need a SUV that can tow our Malibu Boat. Rest assure, if FORD still made the Excursion (diesel) it wouldnt even be a second thought what SUV we would be buying. On goes the dilemma........ do we, or dont we buy one of these SUV. crap shooot..... GM PLEASE CHIME IN....

Archived