Real Pics of SF1 7-Spoke Silver 22" Wheels

I will possibly have an opportunity to upgrade to a new 2015 and I'm leaning towards a Blue Denali with 22" Wheels. My dealer has two identical blue Denalis in stock, with only the engines being different - one 5.3L and one with 6.2L. My engine choice will depend on how much cash I get for my current Denali. But the dealer said he would give me a good deal on some 22" wheels.

Looking at options/pictures online, I really liked the SF1 22" 7-Spoke Silver wheel option. But the dealer said that they had a bunch of the Yukon Denali 22" wheels in stock. I've seen the Yukon Denali wheels listed as both RXN or Q7M. They basically look just like the SF1 wheels, but with Chrome inserts. What I'm not sure about is the color of the wheels. The SF1 wheels state that they're silver, and most of the pictures online look silver, but they're all computer generated pics, not real photos. The Yukon Denali wheels are painted a gunmetal color in the middle with the chrome inserts - I've seen plenty of these in person.

Here's an online build pic of the Sierra Denali with SF1 wheels.

Blue%20Denali%201_zpsgg0mvuap.png

And here's an online pic of the SF1 wheels. They look nearly chrome with painted inserts?

19301163G.jpg

But SF1 sometimes looks like this online. These look like they're totally painted?

SF1_zpsute9h7nr.jpg

And here's the Yukon Denali wheel:

RXN_zpss8aegdwx.jpg

So, I have three questions: 1) Does anybody have any real world pictures of the SF1 wheels so that I can see what they really look like? 2) Does anybody have any real world pictures of the above Yukon Denali wheels on a Sierra so that I can see what they really look like? 3) Which wheels would you go with?

Thanks for the help!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any pics of a truck with the SF1's but I might be able to get one on Monday. One of my customers has a 2015 Denali with the SF1 wheels. Hands down the best looking wheels you can get on a Denali (or any of these trucks, IMO). Every time I see his truck I want to steal them. Lol!

01.jpg

02.jpg

Thanks! Do you know what the finish is? These look like they're painted - like the Yukon Denali rims without the inserts? I was kind of hoping that they were polished or more of a silver color.

And it also annoys me that the online build picture has a nice, low, level stance, but in real life the trucks have a big rake to them. I might lower the rear a couple of inches to get that level look.

I searched under the images tab w/o any luck finding the 22" Denali wheels on a Sierra.

But did find a quick note c&d did with weighing the wheel/tire combo. 88 lbs.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-wheels-on-our-long-term-2015-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-are-heavy-really-heavy/

For the answer to question 3. I like these for 22's, but are not what you mentioned as an option.

post-29472-0-47510500-1442068305_thumb.jpg

Thanks! Do you know what the finish is? These look like they're painted - like the Yukon Denali rims without the inserts? I was kind of hoping that they were polished or more of a silver color.

They look painted, but I can't confirm this as I don't think I've ever seen these wheels up close in person.

I searched under the images tab w/o any luck finding the 22" Denali wheels on a Sierra.

But did find a quick note c&d did with weighing the wheel/tire combo. 88 lbs.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-wheels-on-our-long-term-2015-gmc-yukon-xl-denali-are-heavy-really-heavy/

For the answer to question 3. I like these for 22's, but are not what you mentioned as an option.

Yep, they're not light. My wife's 2003 Yukon has been wearing them for years.

I do like those as well, but am leaving towards these others first.

I'm pretty sure they are painted. They have a matte finish, but still have a slight metallic sparkle. They look alot like a hard anodized finish, if you're familiar with what that looks like.

Again, they are absolutely beautiful in person!

That blue denali is nice.

I was real close to getting a denali. I still regret not getting it but I wanted chrome bumpers and I strongly dislike sunroofs.

I was in the same boat, but I absolutely HATE the painted bumpers as well. I also couldn't find a Sonoma red Denali like I wanted at the time either. My SLT is fully loaded though, and I love my sunroof! Didn't think I would really use it, but I have it open all the time. With the windows down and the back slider open, it's almost like a convertible truck.

And I really don't like the all digital gauges either. The only thing I really wanted was the magnetic ride.

I'm pretty sure they are painted. They have a matte finish, but still have a slight metallic sparkle. They look alot like a hard anodized finish, if you're familiar with what that looks like.

Again, they are absolutely beautiful in person!

So, are they Silver? Gunmetal Gray? Or do they have a slight gold/bronze tint to them like the Yukon Denali wheels?

Hey Black03Yukon,

As GM calls it... They are Hypersilver Metallic. I have them on my 2015 Silver Ice Metallic Silverado. Definitely a good deal darker than my body paint. Not quite as dark as gunmetal though. Also, like you asked, the wheels are painted aluminum alloy. Not polished. The inserts, whether chrome or black, are plastic. They use two set screws tapped into the rim so you can't remove the inserts without having holes in the wheels.

A big note is that these wheels look completely different after a good cleaning. Absolutely, beautiful in my opinion. And the fill out the wheel wells nicely. The service guys and my sales rep were in envy when I drove off the lot after getting them installed.

c67639e14732e19d6ffe395a0db2563b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found another pic on my phone. Also forgot to mention I bought the rims that didn't have any pocket inserts. Only wish they made a center cap to match better.

75834ce5c538a0628e1a57368902c92d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived