2015 GMC Paint Scratches FIX

GMC207

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you clay the truck before waxing? I was totally unaware of what it really takes to make a vehicle look great until just a few months ago... It's pretty tedious but, well worth it, my truck looks awesome now.

Here are some good how to's for you. I'm not affiliated with Adams I just really like their products and how they have good videos on how to use them properly:

Washing:

Claying:

Polishing:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4ju56j0wCCV2aNDZf93yUvIYW90Y5KoR

Get a good two bucket system going and a grit guard is a must. I do use a cheap Microfiber mitt from autozone, I should upgrade to something better. You'd be amazed how bad these trucks are when they roll off the dealer floor. If you're close to Cleveland Ohio come on by and I'll show you how to clay polish and seal!

I actually own that porter cable buffer, just have never dared to try it out yet! Haha. I will purchase the pad and polish and try out a spot and see how I do. I appreciate the help.

As far as washing goes, I use a bucket with maguiars soap and a microfiber sponge.

It's so easy to use man. What kinda pads do you have?

Using mother's wax seems to have worked the best for me, biggest challenge for me has been keeping the black plastics looking the best.

I might try some clay bar kit before winter to give it a whirl.

It's so easy to use man. What kinda pads do you have?

I bought a kit off auto geek. I think if I'm going to try it I'm going to want to make sure I'm using the best stuff. The Adams products have great reviews.

I bought a kit off auto geek. I think if I'm going to try it I'm going to want to make sure I'm using the best stuff. The Adams products have great reviews.

Yeah the Porter cable is fine but, I'd get the adams polish, sealant and pads.

I do like the nanoskin autoscrub over traditional clay bar.

Yeah the Porter cable is fine but, I'd get the adams polish, sealant and pads.

I do like the nanoskin autoscrub over traditional clay bar.

I'm going to order it all tomorrow and give it a try. I'd like to get good at it but hate the thought of ruining my paint.

When does the sealer go on, before or after wax? Or is it in place of wax?

I've had black fords and jeeps....and this chevy has by far the worst paint I've ever seen on a truck....period.....I'm going to have the whole think repainted by a friend of mine that does quality work....the paint on the new trucks is abysmal

I'm going to order it all tomorrow and give it a try. I'd like to get good at it but hate the thought of ruining my paint.

Use SHINE ON coupon code for 10% off your order, get the 6" pad combo pack and don't forget a backing plate if you don't have one.

With the adams stuff you do it in this process:

Wash, two bucket system, use dawn dish soap, the original stuff, to strip any wax you've got on the truck.

Clay the truck.

Test the worst area of your truck, get it perfect with the two polishes and three pads you've got to play with.

Polish the truck.

Apply the liquid paint sealant

Add wax if desired to increase shine factor.

But before all that watch those videos! :smash::thumbs:

Don't forget you gotta run the porter cable on setting 5 or 6 to get the swirls & scratches out!

Also watch the videos :D maybe twice

I've had black fords and jeeps....and this chevy has by far the worst paint I've ever seen on a truck....period.....I'm going to have the whole think repainted by a friend of mine that does quality work....the paint on the new trucks is abysmal

The damn EPA is jacking up things with new regs the paint on all cars these days SUCKS

I used to be all into the detailing game. It has been YEARS since I picked up my PC. Anyone can do it, don't be afraid....however**if you have another vehicle that you may love a little less (seriously, we've all had one of these at some point right) try it there first....get you nerves out and build a little confidence and get the feel for what kind of pressures you should use and how your polish breaks down. Then once you've got the hang of it you're all set. Good luck!! There are so many videos out there to help as well. Be sure to let use know how it turns out once you decide to give it a go.

Sent from my Note 4

Did my first waxing today, my paint has NUMEROUS particles like tiny rocks stuck and dried into the paint. WTF is the deal with GM paint! Im furious that I spent over 40 grand on a truck and havent even had it 2 weeks and the paint already looks like junk.

Relax it's a truck, no one is looking at the paint...

Tyler

Relax it's a truck, no one is looking at the paint...

Tyler

I don't care about who's looking at my paint. I look at my paint when I'm the one paying for the truck every month. Oh I'm sorry I forgot it's a truck that I just spent over 40 grand on. Didn't know I should just not give a shit about a horrible paint job lol. I forgot we are men, we don't care about good quality products. We only care about trucks and mud. Yaaaa. Cool story bro. Tell me more.

Does anybody know how the Blue paint holds up? I've owned only one black vehicle and will not own another because of the effort and maintenance required. Is Blue the same, or does it hide swirls and scuffs better. My white doesn't show anything.

Thanks.

Archived