Summit White vs. Onyx Black

I've pretty much always owned white cars and had my heart set on Summit White in the Denali XL until I saw a couple of Onyx Black XL's over the past two days. I know it's subjective and completely my call but does anyone think these trucks look exceedingly better than most other cars in black? Really tough call here. I am leasing so whatever I get will be gone in 3 years but just curious on opinions here.

It's really up to you and how much time you plan to spend cleaning it? My neighbor loves Black vehicles and will only own Black and spends days out of the month detailing them. Personally, I'll NEVER own another Black vehicle EVER in my life. Check out Silver or something different if you want a change..

It's really up to you and how much time you plan to spend cleaning it? My neighbor loves Black vehicles and will only own Black and spends days out of the month detailing them. Personally, I'll NEVER own another Black vehicle EVER in my life. Check out Silver or something different if you want a change..

He's right. My last truck ('10 silverado 1500) was black and I would spend every Saturday washing and detailing. Black paint is a lot of work, but looks sexy as hell when its clean and shinning. My new truck ('15 Silverado 2500) is silver. I love the color, and its a lot less work to make look good

Totally get the maintenance required on the black. There is something about this truck in black that just looks so good. It will be garage kept and I am one of those guys that likes to spend some time keeping cars looking fantastic so I don't expect to spend anymore time that I have on my previous cars, even though they've been white. If I were purchasing this vs. leasing, I don't think I would go with black but for a 3 year term commit (or less) I may dip my foot in the pool. Appreciate the insight...I've located a dealer 90 miles away with the exact build I want in Summit White and Onyx Black so i have a decision to make.

Black is one of the nicest looking colors on most vehicles when clean and shiny. However, from real world experience, it is truly clean for only 15 minutes after washing it. Every speck of dust shows. This is especially true during pollen season. And scratches show very easily. It takes a lot more upkeep than white, silver or grey. If you don't want to do a lot of paint maintenance, stick with white. With that said, I personally don't care much for white because on trucks, they look like commercial vehicles.

There are quite a few posts on here from truck owners with the black that have a LOT of trouble with fine scratches and swirl marks in the paint. Sure, it can be buffed out, but it's apparently a LOT of work. A couple ended up trading their black trucks for Summit White or White Diamond Tricoat ones.

Archived