Minor Rust Issue

I honestly can't see a rusty scratch in that filthy door.

Is it that round chip?

If it is that chip, I would use a fiberglass scratch pen, clean it up and prime it with a fine brush then hit it with a dab of matching paint (Duplicolor or such) to match.

If that chip has a matching dent, you probably could work it out some after removing the interior door panel.

I have a '13 GMC 1500 truck with a minor paint scratch that had subsequently rusted a bit. What are my options other than completely repainting the door?

f1bfa826d6ebc46151709b3acc694b6f.jpg

Thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wherever the scratch you are asking about actually is, there are going to be several more after rubbing all that crud around to make that less filthy circle.

If you ever get around to cleaning that truck, post another picture that it's easy to see what you are talking about. I honestly see nothing but dirt in the picture you posted.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

I honestly can't see a rusty scratch in that filthy door.

Is it that round chip?

If it is that chip, I would use a fiberglass scratch pen, clean it up and prime it with a fine brush then hit it with a dab of matching paint (Duplicolor or such) to match.

If that chip has a matching dent, you probably could work it out some after removing the interior door panel.

So I get a fiberglass scratch pen to remove the rust then prime it with anything special? Can I get all of this at a local auto store?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived