2008 Sunroof problem....

MB2008LTZ

Question

My sunroof will not open/retract but it will move into the vent position. At first I thought the switch was bad so I replaced it and still had the same issue. Next I replaced the motor, but still have the same problem. I need to get it opened fully so I can check my drain tubes as I get a significant amount of water in the passenger floor board when it rains really hard or with an all day rain. I checked the cowl and windshield and I do not have any leaks there. Truck is 2008 NNBS LTZ extended cab. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer to this question

Sorry, no suggestion regarding the operation of the sunroof, but, you can still check the tubes simply by removing the interior trim panels around the top of the carpet and then run a garden hose all over the sunroof. If that is the cause, you will see the water coming down the inside of the cab.

You will also want to check the inside of the passenger door to make sure the drains at the bottom of the door are not plugged up. Also check the rear door seals where it contacts the front door.

I lied, I do have a suggestion for sunroof, the switch should have two positions, first one lifts the sunroof, and pressing a bit harder on the switch will cause the roof to slide. There should be a detent between the two positions. You should be checking for power at the switch in both positions. You should also check all the fuses, both under the hood and in the mini panel under the dash. You can use a test light to check for power at both sides of the top of the fuses with key on.

Archived