2015 Yukon XL vibration on highway

Just bought a 2015 Yukon XL SLT last month. The very first time I took it out on the freeway there was a violent shaking that started around 65 MPH. It was so bad that I immediately pulled over to check if a wheel was loose and about to fall off.

Took it into the dealer and they performed a road force balance on all four wheels (said that all four were out of balance but they couldn't correct one of them and ended up replacing a tire).

When I picked it up and took it on the highway again, the vibration was better but definitely still there above 70 MPH. Took it in again and got the lovely "could not duplicate" diagnosis this time.

I'm very frustrated that this vehicle rides rougher on the highway than the four-door Wrangler that it replaced. It literally feels like I'm siting in one of those vibrating massage chairs and I can see all the seatbacks shaking around in my rearview mirror.

To add insult to injury, this is by far the most expensive vehicle we've ever purchased. Thought it would be great for family road trips, but as of right now I'm dreading driving it.

My family had a 2000 Yukon that was way smoother than this 2015... First venture back to GM and we get this.

I have a 2015 Suburban LTZ with the same problem. I've had both rear tires and ALL 4 shocke replaced. Still vibrates from 38-45 mph and 64+ mph. I'm fed up with GM and there BS. I've gone to the local GMC Dealer and they have told me that "GM knows that there is a problem with the 22" tires and rims." I've beem intouch with Michelin Tire Co. and they will have a tire out in October or November for our vehicles. I had a 2001 Taho that drove and road 1000% better than this vehicles does and for the money we spent on this one, it's a joke. Maybe we should have bought something made in JAPAN.

I have a 2015 Suburban 2015 LT that vibrates at 75+. They have put new (same Continentals) on and road force tested them and it was a little better for about 1k miles...and back to vibrating. Really frustrated that I spent 60k on a new vehicle and they cant get this figured out...and leaving my vehicle for days at the dealer is really annoying for them to just put the same type of tires back on it.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2015 Suburban LTZ with the same problem. I've had both rear tires and ALL 4 shocke replaced. Still vibrates from 38-45 mph and 64+ mph. I'm fed up with GM and there BS. I've gone to the local GMC Dealer and they have told me that "GM knows that there is a problem with the 22" tires and rims." I've beem intouch with Michelin Tire Co. and they will have a tire out in October or November for our vehicles. I had a 2001 Taho that drove and road 1000% better than this vehicles does and for the money we spent on this one, it's a joke. Maybe we should have bought something made in JAPAN.

I hate to say this, but with sticker prices on these vehicles approaching $ 80k, you are pretty much in any luxury full size SUV territory, including Mercedes Benz. I am not sure who makes them as big in size and cargo space as Suburban though.

Archived