20" wheels vs 18"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys with the 20's will notice the difference when you go to replace them, cost more for each....

Not really, I have 6 cars and have been buying 18's and 20's for a lot of years. I could outfit my truck with 20s for 700 bucks or 18s for 680 bucks. The treadwear on both is no less than 460, that's about a 4 and a half year tire. Granted, this is not an off road tire.

b2c4c639c85ac8f5e95b143f093238b0.jpg. Before,,,,, guess old set up for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how much you selling the old set for? I'm not in love with the stock 20" that came on my truck... think those would look much nicer.

I like the 18" or smaller wheel. My favorite design is the gmt900 and early 2015 HD wheels. Classic without too much bling.

Took my 20" off today and put on 18", put a bigger tire than stock and no rubbing. Thinking I could have gone a little bigger. No turns on bars. Ride is so much better with more sidewall. 275/70/185c3c7d921bd40f6b20933aa4e9db2b7d.jpgc8a8c53b09a7363b73d5c812dc39abf0.jpg

Very glad I just saw this post as I have seen so much conflicting info about putting 275/70/18's on an unmolested 2015 2500. I am pretty set on the BFG AT KO2's in that size so this is great news, just have been unsure as I really don't want any rub and plan to wait a few years until eventually doing a suspension lift.

You really think you could have gone a little bigger? 285 70's??? :fingersx: I am sure that's wishful thinking at a half inch wider and taller...

• 1 month later...

Vailbuilder - If bwogs12 is not interested in trading, I would be (depending on your location). I have the same 20" five star wheels with about 100 miles on them. I prefer the look of the wheels you have. Thanks.

Archived