2016 Chevrolet Silverado makes public debut - full details released

Zane

Preston Tucker had the ideas.... Sorry it took so long for the " big 3 " to market them as standard items. HID lighting should have been there years ago. And the front end IS TOO LOW....I see a tie rod getting bent on a tree stump at our place. I love my High Country but $55k is a bit much for these features. Are the rear fender tool boxes in this line up yet? Fords tailgate has a step and hand rail built in. Great for my aging knees

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice to have HID on the base model.

I'm not buying a new Silverado though until they have SIDE BLIND SPOT ALERT. What a stupid oversight.

You can get it on a Suburban and Tahoe and even a FORD but not on a Silverado.

Doubtful....they do not mention any change in driveline. I looked at Ford yesterday and am looking at Ram today. I've had it with the shaking and their denial of the problem.

I drove a new RAM 1500 today as well as the Sierra 1500 that the dealer had the tires rebalanced after it hopped on my first test drive. It's better but still not as smooth as the Dodge.

Funny you guys mention this... I have just turned 1000 miles on this new truck and I thought it felt odd at 65mph. Frankly, this was not my vehicle of choice. But need sometimes outweighs wants.

A week earlier I had bought a Dodge Laramie Longhorn with those tool boxes I love... The swapping dealer screwed up and it went elsewhere. Found another and once again the original buyer was on and off and on so the swap failed. Went to Dodge only by chance. The car rental I had during the accident investigation turned out to be a Ram 1500 crew cab.....it was enough to bring me to try and buy one.

I'm bringing the Chevy back in shortly and will need to check the wheel balance.

Peeping out from under my rock, may I ask about the shaking issue? I've had lottsa Chevy trucks and never had such a problem.

Welcome to 21st century automotive quality control. :sick:

Regardless, it's a quality control issue. Some guys say motor mounts, others wheel balance. On a brand new truck commanding the prices they get these days, this is 100% unacceptable.

I learned my lesson after buying my '07. Never again.

Discovering that my mild shake is likely wheel balance. Probably rears. At 68-70mph, it is as smooth as glass At 62 +\-... It reminds me of the old days when I bought gas for 28 cents a gallon and lived on $68 a week. " hey kid, you want those tires balanced?" " nah, I can only get this VW bus up to 53 anyway"

HAHAHA! I used to go through the used tire pile at my buddy's dad's Saab/Volvo dealership, and my buddy would mount/balance for free. But, that didn't keep me from getting stuck in a ditch, getting dug out by a neighbor, then sliding into a tree on the way back down the hill, all in the same trip. :lol: Worn out low profile Saab tires don't belong on a '85 Monte ... :D

I've got a bent alloy rim off a parts car that I'm running on our Volvo 940. Only notice a shake over 85 mph. The wife will never get close to that speed, so I'm gonna leave it.

Amazing what $30 more per tire gets you in little car tires. I had a set of brand new, cheapo tires on that Volvo that were downright FRIGHTENING at highway speeds. Felt like the steering shaft was a rubber band. Absolutely ZERO feedback from the road. Turn the wheel to change lanes, and the car would respond minutes later it seemed ... :uhoh: Changed to a slightly wider & lower profile tire size, and a better tire, and the difference is night and day. Feels like my truck did after I threw a set of Bilsteins on it. Handling has improved 500% too! Figured I'd lose ride quality with better handling rubber. I was totally wrong on that one! Very happy with the new tires - Continental True Contact. It's true with rubber - you definitely get what you pay for. You'd think I'd have learned by now not to cheap out on tires ...

That doesn't answer my question. Is it wheel balance or another issue?

I had the 70+ Vibration that was really bad... It was 95% better after a Tire rebalance and rotation... I had a wheel 2 1/4 OZ out and what I am told is that is ALOT!

Still a bit nervous it may come back on the next tire rotation..

Yep - that's a large chunk of weight to not have on a tire. Must have shook like hell on the highway ...

Archived