I truly hope all these issues with your truck are corrected. No one should spend the money these trucks cost and not be happy/satisfied with their purchase.

It's a shame your asinine remarks detract from the fact that you have genuine issues to share.

You stating that this thread was started by a troll is the only thing that is asinine here. My actions aimed at correcting your uninformed ingnorant behavior simply reinforce the fact that I have issues with my truck and am trying to help other folks, does not cheapen the overall theme of this thread

And you are correct these are genuine issues and I would not wish this on anyone. I have faith that they will be able to fix these issues, so far I have been receiving decent service from my dealer. It is very frustrating and time consuming. However thanks for your concern.

Edited by fireaxxe

Correcting me? Funny. Like I stated earlier, you are full of yourself. I sympathize with anyone have issues with their expensive trucks and have no problems with the majority that are looking to share experiences, fixes and to look for answers. Eighty percent of your posts are attempts to make yourself feel better by telling others their time is coming.

• Like 2

Nobodys hired by GM dude, you want to bash the brand just don't do it on a GM forum.....CMON

I have a popping sound in my truck that GMC just sent an engineer to figure it out. They'll make it right ....

I am on this forum because I own a GM truck. I am not bashing GM but I understand how my candid remarks upsets loyal fans of this brand. All I can say is dont take it personal.

I had a popping sound coming from the rear of the truck I greased the leaf springs it went away for two weeks. Took it in they found out it was in fact the leaf springs. They actually pushed dents in the bed section trying to diagnose it. I am lucky I noticed it as they fesed up and had the dents repaired. The paintless dent repair was perfect. But when I got it back it was still popping. After the denting situation I did not trust this dealership. I took it home and found that the u-bolts only had about 45ft lbs of torque. I tighten the bolts to 75-80ft lbs and nomore popping. I then switch to another dealership.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Correcting me? Funny. Like I stated earlier, you are full of yourself. I sympathize with anyone have issues with their expensive trucks and have no problems with the majority that are looking to share experiences, fixes and to look for answers. Eighty percent of your posts are attempts to make yourself feel better by telling others their time is coming.

You seem to be a sensitive person but thats ok its your right. There is nothing that I said that suggest I am full of anything. I just know how to handle people that have limited knowledge and communication skills when it comes to a particular topic. Your opinions are wrong and you dont have a leg to stand on. You said your truck is perfect so why even post here?

I am on this forum because I own a GM truck. I am not bashing GM but I understand how my candid remarks upsets loyal fans of this brand. All I can say is dont take it personal.

I had a popping sound coming from the rear of the truck I greased the leaf springs it went away for two weeks. Took it in they found out it was in fact the leaf springs. They actually pushed dents in the bed section trying to diagnose it. I am lucky I noticed it as they fesed up and had the dents repaired. The paintless dent repair was perfect. But when I got it back it was still popping. After the denting situation I did not trust this dealership. I took it home and found that the u-bolts only had about 45ft lbs of torque. I tighten the bolts to 75-80ft lbs and nomore popping. I then switch to another dealership.

O.k thanks for the heads up.....guess it just came across kinda strong

Nobodys hired by GM dude, you want to bash the brand just don't do it on a GM forum.....CMON

I have a popping sound in my truck that GMC just sent an engineer to figure it out. They'll make it right ....

You have ALOT of faith in them then, I lost all of my faith in them when they told me to "drive in "M5" to help reduce it...

Great, mine sucks ass - I drive everyday on the highway and the mysterious vibrations from who knows where is horrible. V4 AFM is the worst part. My service dealer has advised me to seek help at another dealer because it is normal and his words "GM does not have a fix". I am not in a position money wise to raise my payment to trade it.

I am happy you have a trouble free truck, but my experience allows me to be pissed off at my dealer and GM.

I agree with you, very surprised that your dealer actually had the balls to tell you to go somewhere else.

Great, mine sucks ass - I drive everyday on the highway and the mysterious vibrations from who knows where is horrible. V4 AFM is the worst part. My service dealer has advised me to seek help at another dealer because it is normal and his words "GM does not have a fix". I am not in a position money wise to raise my payment to trade it.

I am happy you have a trouble free truck, but my experience allows me to be pissed off at my dealer and GM.

Find a different dealer or call GM customer service. I cannot/could not tell when either of my trucks switched to V4. Your dealer is stupid. That isn't GM's fault.

• Like 2

You seem to be a sensitive person but thats ok its your right. There is nothing that I said that suggest I am full of anything. I just know how to handle people that have limited knowledge and communication skills when it comes to a particular topic. Your opinions are wrong and you dont have a leg to stand on. You said your truck is perfect so why even post here?

Sorry to upset you. From here on in this thread I'll follow the old adage about never teaching a pig to sing...it is wasting my time and obviously annoying the pig. Later...and best of luck with your truck.

Sorry to upset you. From here on in this thread I'll follow the old adage about never teaching a pig to sing...it is wasting my time and obviously annoying the pig. Later...and best of luck with your truck.

Im not upset nor am I a pig. Like I said before thanks for your concern but you should have applied that adage from the start I guess some folks are slow learners.

Find a different dealer or call GM customer service. I cannot/could not tell when either of my trucks switched to V4. Your dealer is stupid. That isn't GM's fault.

GM customer service can't do shit for you, the dealers and regional reps are over their head. All they are good for is listening to people bitch about something they can't do anything about.

• Like 1

Got my truck back and the paint repair was flawless. They found some other spots on the rear passenger door and repaired those as well. I am very satisified with this. I had the service department check my vibration issues more specifically from 50-40mph and they said they could not duplicate the issue and I would have to ride with the service manager and a tech to point this out. I told them that I would have to come back next week to do this. However on the ride home there was absolutely no vibrations and the 50-40mph vibration that I was getting felt like road noise at best. I dont know what they did but the truck feels much smoother. I will keep my fingers crossed and for now just put gas in this rig and drive it.

Got my truck back and the paint repair was flawless. I have attached pics of the finished paint repair along with the first spot that started peeling, this spot was dime sized to start but ended up being quarter sized the day I dropped it off. They found some other spots on the rear passenger door and repaired those as well. I never saw the spots on the back door but the body shop said they have pics. I am very satisified with this. I had the service department check my vibration issues more specifically from 50-40mph and they said they could not duplicate the issue and would have to ride with the service manager and a tech to point this out. I told them that I would have to come back next week to do this. However on the ride home there was absolutely no vibrations and the 50-40mph vibration that I was getting felt like road noise at best. I dont know what they did but the truck feels much smoother. I will keep my fingers crossed and for now just put gas in this rig and drive it.

post-124852-0-78219300-1445025456_thumb.jpg

post-124852-0-28557000-1445025473_thumb.jpg

post-124852-0-23932500-1445025102_thumb.jpg

Edited by fireaxxe

• 1 month later...

It's the worst quality/ build issue paranoia is going from a Toyota product to a GM product. My Toyota kicked ass.

However, now I'm Sticking with my purchase of this Silverado. Pray for our happiness!

I think GM can still build a Truck better than I can.

Edited by Gofas
  • Like 1

It's the worst quality/ build issue paranoia is going from a Toyota product to a GM product. My Toyota kicked ass.

However, now I'm Sticking with my purchase of this Silverado. Pray for our happiness!

I think GM can still build a Truck better than I can.

I question that

• 2 weeks later...

Figured I should post here as well. I noticed that I was loosing coolant some time ago added a little water and did not think much of it figured maybe it was a little low from the factory. I now have 33K and noticed its low again. I started a new post with details. Long story short coolant smell near top driverside corner with some physical damage to the radiator.