2016 GMC Sierra Headlights?

Tstruckus

Hey hows it going everyone, I was looking at the 2016 GMC Sierra's new headlights and I'am curious to see what you guys think.

1. Will they fit the '15 GMC's?

2. Did anyone find out if you can purchase them yet?

3. If so what would the price be for the pair?

Some feed back from you guys would help, I've been looking to get my hands on a pair of them for a while now.

Thanks!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1: I'm going to doubt that. Even if they do, wiring harnesses are different, and there may be extra modules, etc. that permit proper function.

2: Not available to purchase. Trucks haven't even started production yet.

3: Not cheap. Tahoe and Yukon HID lamps retail around $1050 EACH. I'm sure the Sierra and Silverado HID and LED will be close.

I would be curious on if the headlights and taillights would fit as well. I have a good buddy that runs the local pick a part yard so the first one that gets totalled I will get dibs on. I could see harnesses etc not matching but would love to try.

Agree with the harness not matching but I'm sure someone will find a way to make it work, Thanks for the feedback to all!

I'm more excited about the tail lights. Finally they have LED function. Plus I don't think that Tail lights will require as much wiring as the headlights with new HIDs.

im thinking it will be similar to wiring escalade lights on a tahoe. I'm def. gonna do this upgrade. ill post pics as I go along :)

just waiting to snag a pair of tail lights

2016's will have both HID headlights and LED headlights available

T4F NEW! Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID), bi-functional with LED signature (standard on all 3 trims)

SLT - Not available at the start of production.

PDP NEW! Headlamps, full LED
SLE - Required and only available with (GAT) All Terrain Package.
SLT - Required on SLT at this time. Included with (PDT) SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus Package.

Also, the HD trucks get HID headlights standard in the current headlight design. So you will have two options for headlight styles.

All the info that I can find supports redwngr's findings in the order guide. HD still runs carryover lighting. When HD gets facelifted for 2017 I'm sure they will follow suit.

Fleet Order Guide for 2016 2500HD sierra:

Base and SLE: Headlamps, halogen projector

SLT: Headlamps, halogen projector with LED signature

I have already spoke with the GM Engineer over the exterior lighting, I asked about retro fitting the new LED lights and he said they will not be backwards compatible due to wiring, hardware and programming of the BCM.

im thinking it will be similar to wiring escalade lights on a tahoe. I'm def. gonna do this upgrade. ill post pics as I go along :)

just waiting to snag a pair of tail lights

What I'm wondering is will all the lights in the tails be LEDs or only the brakes be LED while the turns/backup lights are still filament. I'm actually more tempted to keep the current housing and just make my own LED arrays and retrofit the housing with LEDs for a likely much lower cost.

Archived