2013 Silverado Z71 transmission or electrical?

So I was heading home from work and decided to fuel up with 91 octane and used the fuel system cleaner at the pump. Approximately 20 miles out of town my truck started to surge and the RPM's jumped on every surge. I thought it was the fuel until. The next day I stopped at a stop sign and when I eased my foot on the pedal the transmission acted like it was not engaged in 1st gear and then slammed into gear. I found a transmission at a wrecking yard but I'm not sure what caused this and am afraid the problem may still exist with a new tranny. Has anyone ever experienced anything close to this?

When driving home from work I decided to stop an fill up with 91 octane fuel and used the fuel system cleaner available at the pump. Approximately 20 miles out of town my truck started to surge and the RPM's jumped every time it studdered. I thought the fuel may have something to do with it until. I stopped at a stop sign the next day and when pulling out the truck acted as if it wasn't in gear and the pow there was first gear. It mainly does it when I slow down fast compared to a gradual slow down. Now it takes its time going into reverse and drive. I have priced and located a used transmission but figured I would ask if anyone has ever experienced this before. I would had to purchase a transmission and find out that's not the root cause as I see a lot of that happening on these post. Please help

Archived