Vibrations diagnosed and fixed ?

I would like to document in one thread the solutions/fixes to vibration vs sifting and reading through 6000 posts. Please stay on topic.

Please state

Year 2014/2015

Make, Chevy or GMC

Cab, Crew, Double, Single

Box, 5.5, 6.5 or 8ft

Engine V-6 5.3 or 6.2

Transmission 6 or 8 speed

Rear Gear. 3.08, 3.23 3.42 or 3.73

Speeds the vibrations are present

Solutions:

GMC Sierra SLT

Crew

6.5 Box

6.2L

6 Speed

70mph +

Solution

The things that have made mine better. Replaced one wheel, two LS2 20" Goodyears and Road Force Balance. Still not 100% fixed.

• Like 1

Chevy. 5.3 CC Short bed 4x4 z71 3.08 6 speed. It was a 70mph+

98% fixed by multiple sets of tires and RF balancing. Now i only notice a tiny tiny vibe after long 80mph drives. I have to be looking for it and even then it may be road noise.....

Edited by afireinside7444
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to document in one thread the solutions/fixes to vibration vs sifting and reading through 6000 posts. Please stay on topic.

Please state

Year 2014/2015

Make, Chevy or GMC

Cab, Crew, Double, Single

Box, 5.5, 6.5 or 8ft

Engine V-6 5.3 or 6.2

Transmission 6 or 8 speed

Rear Gear. 3.08, 3.23 3.42 or 3.73

Speeds the vibrations are present

Solutions:

GMC Sierra SLT

Crew

6.5 Box

6.2L

6 Speed

70mph +

Solution

The things that have made mine better. Replaced one wheel, two LS2 20" Goodyears and Road Force Balance. Still not 100% fixed.

As of 10/8/2015 my local dealer and GM engineering replaced both rear shocks. 4 Goodyear LS2 tires and rebuilt the rear differential with new ring and pinion and bearings. They ran the truck with the pico meter and it was within spec.

I drove the truck and the vibration seemed to be gone. The thing I notice now is that on poorer quality roads the truck picks up a lot of road vibration. On the smooth, quality roads the truck drives smooth and great. Even while going up to 80mph.

I can't call it 100% fixed because from time to time I swear I feel a vibration. I can't tell if it is the truck or the road 100%.

So lets call it 98% fixed just to be safe. It certainly is fixed enough where it is not longer unpleasant to drive the truck.

Hopefully this helps someone else. Good luck getting your vibration in your GM truck fixed!

Edited by OmahaBen
  • Like 1

Year 2014

Make, Chevy

Cab, Double

Box, 6.5

Engine 5.3

Transmission 6 speed

Rear Gear. 3.42

Speeds the vibrations are present: about 40 mph to 60 mph; more noticeable when decelerating

Solutions: I noticed the viberation around 7000 - 9000 miles. at 18000 the dealer said 3 of the 4 goodyear sra's were out of round and I replaced the tires with 275/60R18 Michelin LTX at's (The truck has a 1.5" leveling kit). They didnt ballance them correctly the first time at the dealer so after having a tire shop ballance them the vibration was 65% better and only noticeable between 45-50 mph. I thought this was much more liveable. Now at 26000 miles, im noticing the vibration is back to the 40 mph to 60 mph range again.

Year 2014

Make, Chevy

Cab, Double

Box, 6.5

Engine 5.3

Transmission 6 speed

Rear Gear. 3.42

Speeds the vibrations are present: about 40 mph to 60 mph; more noticeable when decelerating

Solutions: I noticed the viberation around 7000 - 9000 miles. at 18000 the dealer said 3 of the 4 goodyear sra's were out of round and I replaced the tires with 275/60R18 Michelin LTX at's (The truck has a 1.5" leveling kit). They didnt ballance them correctly the first time at the dealer so after having a tire shop ballance them the vibration was 65% better and only noticeable between 45-50 mph. I thought this was much more liveable. Now at 26000 miles, im noticing the vibration is back to the 40 mph to 60 mph range again.

Yeah....the problems not the tires....

Chevy

Crew Cab

5.3 6 speed

20" wheels

Vibration over 74mph...Balanced Tires 4 times, road forced tires once, still vibrated. Took tires and wheels off of brand new truck off the dealer lot, still vibrated, put my tires on the new truck, didn't vibrate according to the dealer. New drive shaft, still vibrated.

Now have 43,000 miles on it and have given up. About to buy new tires because the stock goodyears are about wore out hoping new tires will help a bit. I only have to deal with it for another 18 months then I get a new vehicle.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT 4x4 8 foot bed.At 65+ mph the vibration is stronger.Had it looked at twice by the dealership I purchased at.All they did is road force balance both times with no change to my truck.Contacted the dealership for a third time and made an appointment.Service manager stated he would have my truck picked up and leave me with a rental.This appointment has came and gone today (4-4-17.Called this morning to confirm and the service manager was out sick and nobody was aware of this appointment.Was told I would get called back and nothing!So frustrated with this whole thing.Has 6500 miles on it now.I Have been a loyal GM consumer as long as I can remember.Starting to rethink this loyalty and passion I always had for GM.

2015 Chevrolet

Crew Cab

5.5' Bed

5.3L

6-Speed

70+ mph

Solutions: Driveshaft rebalanced, roadforced balanced all 4 tires, & front end alignment by independent shops. Better but still there.

Replaced both rear axles shafts with Yukon Gear axles, vibration free since

Edited by MRW412
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

2015 Chevrolet

Crew Cab

5.5' Bed

5.3L

6-Speed

70+ mph

Solutions: Driveshaft rebalanced, roadforced balanced all 4 tires, & front end alignment by independent shops. Better but still there.

Replaced both rear axles shafts with Yukon Gear axles, vibration free since

I`am getting ready to pull the trigger on the Yukons did you replace the bearings to?

No, I didn't replace the bearings. They seemed fine when I was inspecting them. I did replace the seals though. Does yours have the rear end shake? My shake was coming from rear end and I never felt in the steering wheel.

I have a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT 4x4 8 foot bed.At 65+ mph the vibration is stronger.Had it looked at twice by the dealership I purchased at.All they did is road force balance both times with no change to my truck.Contacted the dealership for a third time and made an appointment.Service manager stated he would have my truck picked up and leave me with a rental.This appointment has came and gone today (4-4-17.Called this morning to confirm and the service manager was out sick and nobody was aware of this appointment.Was told I would get called back and nothing!So frustrated with this whole thing.Has 6500 miles on it now.I Have been a loyal GM consumer as long as I can remember.Starting to rethink this loyalty and passion I always had for GM.

Sounds like a problem with an individual not the brand. Welcome to the forum and good luck with your truck. I have been a GM fan for many years and have never experienced this vibration issue on a new truck. Some of my older vehicles have had vibration at higher speeds but always fixed with tires & balance. It wasn't too long ago when 8 ft. box's were the most common sight. Now they stand out. Any pics?