Highest-mileage vehicle you have ever owned(does NOT have to be a GM t

gmctrucks2006

Hi all! As we car people know, it is making even better sense to keep a car/truck as long as possible. Yet, many still buy new cars every 2-3 years! So, in the crusade to promote longer car ownership, what is the highest mileage car/truck you have ever owned? For me, it's a 2006 GMC Sierra(see my username) with 190,000 on the clock.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My last truck, 2000 Sierra 1500 4wd with the 4.8 had 333,000 miles when I gave it to my brother and 335k when he totaled it. My current truck, 2004 Sierra 1500 2wd with the 5.3 currently has 343,530 miles on it.

I guess I should also say the 2000 was 7 years old with 247k on it when I got it and the 04 was 10 years old with 333k when I got it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

My current truck is the highest mileage vehicle I've ever owned. Bought it with 363k miles, right now I have a little over 374k miles. The most mileage that I personally have put on a vehicle would of been my previous truck (2006 GMC Sierra) that I bought brand new and had 136k miles on it when it was totaled.

My avatar is out of date, I am 700 miles shy of 350k miles.

the most I had ever seen, family related, is my dads 81 cabover. 350 cummins. It broke the odometer at 2,360,000. the company in germany that made the odometer was bellyup. Left it broken.

he added another 150k or so.

That truck was nuclear "ghostly"....quite a phenomena. The beginning of the end was hauling a 60 foot steel beam, like for a bridge. It never quite let go of it. I'll leave it at that.

at 350k, I am noticing some anomalies that only a lot of miles could create, but it does want to stay alive. Good stuff, some of these chevys.

I have caught onto the chromium thief...will find a way to alleviate it.

I had a 1997 Dodge Ram 2500 reg cab long bed 4x4 diesel. It had 410,000 miles on the original Cummins, but I was on auto trans #3 or #4, not sure because Dodge auto trannys are horrible. I sold it about a year ago.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had a 91 dodge 3/4 ton diesel. I put 100k miles on it pulling a goose neck hauling tractors, made it a crew truck after that for 200k miles. After that made it a parts runner for our shop after that. In 2010 we painted it put a clutch in it and gave it to our shop Forman as a bonus, he traded it for a jeep after he had for a year with over 400 k miles I could have killed him. No major problems didn't need the clutch when replaced some electrical it is a dodge after all but that's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived