Highest-mileage vehicle you have ever owned(does NOT have to be a GM t

gmctrucks2006

1996 Freightliner FLD with 1.4 million miles on it. Original engine, trans, diffs with no major repairs. Only 1 injector replaced and an accessory drive seal. Original turbo. Used 1 gallon of oil every 8-10,000 miles. Went right to work with next owner.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can someone in here give me a forum on why my 03 suburban 1500 wont start, i went hunting yesterday and everything was fine then when i got home to pack and go to the cabin for thanksgiving it wouldnt start, i started it then shut it off cause i wanted to change my tune on it to economy, half way threw changing the tune the tuner shutoff and now all of this is going on, the vehicle wont even turn over and now my scan tool will not read the OBD2 port (checked the fuse and its good) but itll read my ABS. for some reason it is not responding to any computer systems in the vehicle.

is their a way to reset all of it? or what might be going on. any help will be appreciated and thank you in advance.

This is the first time anything like this has happened sense i put the tuner/programmer on the truck. and now it wont even tune the vehicle it says that their is a malfunction in the OBD2 port.

• 2 weeks later...

86 Monte Carlo...bought it in 92 with 75000 miles on it and drove it until 96 when I sold it to my cousin with a little less than 280000 miles on it, but still running great. Delivering pizzas while going to college, along with an 80 mile round trip to/from school 3 days a week and a 100 mile round trip to/from school 2 nights a week for a year and half, then a 100 mile round trip to/from work 4-5 times a week, then all the running the roads I did on the weekends added up quickly. Had the transmission rebuilt at about 170000 miles.

She was a 1997 Cheyenne 1500, green that beautiful Chevy green little sparkle in it. Truck had 257,651 miles on her and I made one of my biggest regrets I live with. That was selling her.This truck truly ran like a top with over a quarter of a million miles!

She was a 1997 Cheyenne 1500, green that beautiful Chevy green little sparkle in it. Truck had 257,651 miles on her and I made one of my biggest regrets I live with. That was selling her.This truck truly ran like a top with over a quarter of a million miles!

Had a 76 Chev Heavy Half go 110,000 when traded for an 86 GMC 2500 that went 115,000 before trading for a 99 Chev 2500 that went 186,000 before trading it for my 2011 2500 that is at 115,000 and climbing.

:jester:

• 2 weeks later...

I went ten years and 347,000 with my 2003 GMC Z71 Sierra 1500 before I traded it in for another one; mostly just routine maintenance and wearables, except for replacing transmission once and some front end parts from bagging deer way too often (thick as fleas around here...). Over the last 40 years, I have always ran the same oil (Castrol GTX) in vehicles as I used in my motorcycles, as my 750F Super Sport turned everything except that and Mobil 1 into looking like graveshift coffee after 500 miles (and back then, synthetics were too expensive for junior enlisted..). Also had a 1993 Silverado 4x4 that I put 225,000 before giving it to family.

391,000 miles 94 S-10 4.3L 5-Speed 2WD. I was the 2nd owner. Original engine & tranny. I owned it for a whoppin 6 months and sold it to a friend who put almost another 100,000 on it before it was sent to the scrapper as the engine was just about dead, burning 2 quarts of oil every 500 miles. Was only burning 1 quart every 2000 miles for me :)

93 Honda Del Sol. 5 speed, cold ac, 4 wheel disc brakes. A little rust over the wheel wells but ran great and drove great. I regret selling that one. 210,000 miles. The best part about that little car is you could fix anything. The 5 speed trans got 10w30 motor oil so it got changed about every 10,000 miles cause it was cheap to do. Simple easy car. Wonder if there are any on craigslist..............

• 3 weeks later...

Archived