Highest-mileage vehicle you have ever owned(does NOT have to be a GM t

gmctrucks2006

My 02 has 170k on it now. Purchased it new in Nov of 01. Runs great.

Wow, that is pretty low miles brother! I have 24K @ 11 months old on a 5.3L 2016 Sierra!

Just so you know I can't remember if it was 2000-2001-2002 all you have to do is hold the trip reset on the dash for 12-15 miles continually and you will not have another mile added to the odometer after that or until turned off. Great for Long Trips ends up only tacking on 12-15 miles that is all.............

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that is pretty low miles brother! I have 24K @ 11 months old on a 5.3L 2016 Sierra!

Just so you know I can't remember if it was 2000-2001-2002 all you have to do is hold the trip reset on the dash for 12-15 miles continually and you will not have another mile added to the odometer after that or until turned off. Great for Long Trips ends up only tacking on 12-15 miles that is all.............

Yeah, it would be 300k if I didn't have my 91 Jetta as a daily driver and got rid of it at 257k for my 2014 Cruze diesel which is my new DD and it is at 41k. I only put 100k on the Jetta, I got it used with 157k on it.

I just got a copy of some GM magazine from the dealer. Had an excerpt in there about a guy in FL with a 2000 vette with 735k miles on the original motor. Didn't have a pic of the odometer though, but damn.

Here's an article last year about it.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/news/a29434/2000-chevrolet-corvette-700000-miles/

• 2 weeks later...

1995 Honda Civic - 225,000 before I gave it to my daughter - she ran it until almost 300,000.

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT 4x2 - 200,000 also gave it to my daughter - she still uses it daily.

Both had original engines, transmissions, etc.

GrandpaLarry777

2016 Silverado LTZ 2500 HD Diesel - Got it new in February - 650 miles

I see the GM 6.0 2500 2wd company trucks every day with over 400,000 miles I am not sure which one in the fleet has the most mileage but I am sure there is at least one over 600,000 the GM body falls apart and they have lots of electronic glitches but the 6.0 is a friggin mileage monster "Tough as Nails"

• 3 months later...

1997 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins Reg cab. 431,000 miles on the original engine untouched, still running in fact, I sold to a friend. It is on it's 4th auto transmission. Drivers seat replaced, couple alternators and starters. New brakes a few times and some vacuum lines, steering work. The cab will likely fall off the frame before the Cummins dies. We kept it serviced every 6-7K miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My totals aren't nearly as impressive as a lot the ones on here. Usually get rid of them around 200K. Had an old Saturn I get rid of at 198K, that one had an engine replaced, under warranty at 98K, so that worked out for me. Our Chrysler T&C had 189K when I sold it and got a Honda. Had electrical problems with that that never got figured out, but no mechanical problems. Currently I have a Pontiac Vibe with 210K on it, that's my highest. Replaced a blower motor on it once and that's it. I think this car can go a lot longer, it runs great. I have the original battery in this thing even and it's seen lots of cold starts in NE Wisconsin. It's an '05. If I had a 4th stall in the garage, I'd keep this car till it died, but I have a feeling when I get the new truck and it has to be parked outside, it will hasten it's demise in the winter and I should probably just sell it.

The Vibe is really a Toyota if memory serves.

My totals aren't nearly as impressive as a lot the ones on here. Usually get rid of them around 200K. Had an old Saturn I get rid of at 198K, that one had an engine replaced, under warranty at 98K, so that worked out for me. Our Chrysler T&C had 189K when I sold it and got a Honda. Had electrical problems with that that never got figured out, but no mechanical problems. Currently I have a Pontiac Vibe with 210K on it, that's my highest. Replaced a blower motor on it once and that's it. I think this car can go a lot longer, it runs great. I have the original battery in this thing even and it's seen lots of cold starts in NE Wisconsin. It's an '05. If I had a 4th stall in the garage, I'd keep this car till it died, but I have a feeling when I get the new truck and it has to be parked outside, it will hasten it's demise in the winter and I should probably just sell it.

Yes, it's why I bought it :) had a little toyota truck that I had taken from me at 190+. Replaced a clutch plate on that one. It is all Toyota engine and drive train, but pontiac trim

Traded in my 94 nissan hardbody for the current silvy 4 mo ago. Had 210k. It was a turd but in some ways it felt like it could run circles around the current truck

Archived